The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whos happy with their low buck dishwashers bought the last year or two and what model do you have? Who isnt?

Dont care about noise, hidden controls/displays. Would prefer to still have a built in garburator as most higher buck ones dont. Would rather not have to rinse before loading.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,096 Posts
We have 2 dishwashers in our home. One is 58 years old and one is going on 57 years old. They both work fine. Noise depends on what's going on, no hidden controls, no display, one of them could almost be considered a garbarator. We do rinse the dishes but they very rarely get loaded.

·
Premium Member
26,641 Posts
We recently had to get a newer dishwasher to replace one that was only 5 or 6 years old largely BECAUSE we didn't rinse dishes. Crap built up in the motor where we couldn't see it, and burnt the motor out so that nothing sprayed. Scrap and rinse yer dishes. Your next dishwasher will last longer.

These days, because I'm home every day, I wash the few dishes we dirty every morning, instead of filling up the dishwasher. No big whoop.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I hear that. Damn gen'xers wanting it all cheap and easy!

Im not talking plate full of food, we scrape it and make sure there isn't dried rice or crap on it, but also don't want to wash to the point of pretty much being clean without soap for it to wash, if you know what I mean. I was expecting these answers lol.

mhammer, did it have a filter that you are supposed to service? Apparently newer units do, and if not cleaned every few loads will cause that issue, where the older style actually have a grinder built in instead. The one we are replacing is around 24 years old..

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Wait for a Bosch to go on sale and grab one. Ours has been great for like $599.

·
Premium Member
3,474 Posts
Yeah, I have a Bosch too (2 yr old, maybe a bit more). I rinse a bit, but only if not running it the same day. We got the small (euro) size. I prefer that because it only takes 2 dinners to fill up (2 adults, a 7 yr old and a 4 yr old) vs almost a whole week to fill up a full size one, so the dishes don't get rank and caked on in there (also we don't run out or end up running a half empty washer).

Anyway, love mine.

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
Do you have a Lowe’s nearby?

Follow their sales fliers. When they have appliance sales, we have usually done quite well.

My wife has gotten rediculous savings including double the extended warranty, six months to a year to pay interest free. Sometimes free delivery and save the tax.

We tend to buy the best name brand dishwasher when they are half price or better.

I don’t believe in repairing after 5 years. If I can get a $500 or so Bosch and it lasts 5 years or better, that is OK with me. $100 a year is my goal with my thinking. However, that dishwasher has gone up $50 to $80 now, since our last purchase. I am talking sale price.

Our 5 year old Bosch needed a $150 solenoid and it was out of warranty. Bosch offered to send a repair man for free labor and just pay for parts.

I decided to buy new again and got a better deal at Best Buy early in the new year. We got a $1400 Bosch for about $750 and tax. So this one has to last 7 years to break even with my warped logic. I guess we will see. This was the first time Lowe’s did not price match for us.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do you have a Lowe’s nearby?

Follow their sales fliers. When they have appliance sales, we have usually done quite well.

My wife has gotten rediculous savings including double the extended warranty, six months to a year to pay interest free. Sometimes free delivery and save the tax.

We tend to buy the best name brand dishwasher when they are half price or better.

I don’t believe in repairing after 5 years. If I can get a $500 or so Bosch and it lasts 5 years or better, that is OK with me. $100 a year is my goal with my thinking. However, that dishwasher has gone up $50 to $80 now, since our last purchase. I am talking sale price.

Our 5 year old Bosch needed a $150 solenoid and it was out of warranty. Bosch offered to send a repair man for free labor and just pay for parts.

I decided to buy new again and got a better deal at Best Buy early in the new year. We got a $1400 Bosch for about $750 and tax. So this one has to last 7 years to break even with my warped logic. I guess we will see. This was the first time Lowe’s did not price match for us.
Thanks for the advice guys. I ended up buying an LG from lowes. Seemed built better than the similar priced german units with a few more features. Took Tone Chasers advice and got it for almost half retail plus an additional 10%.

Its 45db, superquiet and cleans like a sonofabich. Super happy!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts