The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts
I own a beautiful 25-SR Jumbo Cutaway.
Top is Alpine Spruce with the specially aged process.
Back and sides are Indian Rosewood, neck is Mahogany. Fingerboard and bridge is ebony and the tuners are Schallers with ivoroid buttons.

What a beautiful playing guitar.
With the elixir nano-phosor bronze 10s strings on it...it's a match made in heaven.

That is a great looking headstock. I was just over at a friends place yesterday and we were comparing our Stonies. He has a Jumbo and I have the 23-CR.. They are the best guitars that can be had. My friend had just purchased a Martin HD28.. I took him over to the Stonebridge distributor and he promptly sold his Martin and bought the Stonebridge Jumbo. It has a beautiful deep resonate tone. You are preaching to the converted :smile:

My sister in law was considering buying one last summer, and asked me to stop in and check them out. Last week, 6 months later, I finally got a chance to see them at west Edmonton. 3 Stonebridges, all 1800.00 and up. All of them are now unplayable due to enormous shifting of the neck and bridges. The tops have seperated on all 3 at the sound hole where the 2 pieces seam together. Im not sure if its from bad humidity in there, but some of the other guitars that I think have been in there for a year, were just fine, like the Blueridges...These guitars need to go back and be repaired asap...they are not helping Stonebridge by hanging on the wall like that. Just a horrible shame..or indication of horrible quality...I dont know.

I've only played one, it was very good and held its own against more expensive guitars. I like my Seagull Anniversary better though (it's also an all solid dread, similar to the current Artist models) , and they are less $ than the Stonebridge guitars. Granted, aesthetically the Stonebridge was better than the Seagull.

I had never seen a Stonebridge before and this Forum thread got me curious. I checked them out and found Antoine Dufour who is just an amazing guitar player. I love his style, sound and technique. The Stoneridge seems to be his instrument of choice.

Many if not most of you probably have known about Antoine for a long time. He is French Canadian! I just can't believe that I had not heard of him before. Check out his songs on You Tube (and get to hear the Stonebridge). The videos are simple and the quality of the audio is top notch.

Here is a sample: YouTube - Antoine Dufour - Drac & Friends I - Guitar -www.candyrat.com

Richie

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.