The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately I have been really digging my Double Double Overdrive. What a beast of a pedal. I own four MXR pedals....DD, Badass 78 Dist, Phase 95, Analog Chorus and last but not least the M300 Reverb. Every one of them is top drawer. Getting hooked on MXR!

·
Registered
662 Posts
Can't go wrong with a distortion +, very simple and yet incredibly effective. I don't own any other mxr pedals, but have been interested in adding their 10 band eq to my bass board.

How do you find the 78 distortion? I believe that's the one based on the boss ds-1? I've been really interested in trying one, but my GF gifted me a ds-1 a few years back and I've modded it to work better for bass and raised the clipping threshold for less fizz.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can't go wrong with a distortion +, very simple and yet incredibly effective. I don't own any other mxr pedals, but have been interested in adding their 10 band eq to my bass board.

How do you find the 78 distortion? I believe that's the one based on the boss ds-1? I've been really interested in trying one, but my GF gifted me a ds-1 a few years back and I've modded it to work better for bass and raised the clipping threshold for less fizz.
The 78 Distortion, though not as versatile as the DD, is more specific, and fantastic value for money. The Boss DS-1 is buffered, whereas the 78 is true bypass, as a result the DS-1 will colour your tone. This maybe more of a decider for you as a Bass player, this will will be more noticeable. The clip below gives a quick demo...hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
3,395 Posts
I have also become a fan.

1975 D+
Echo plex
M300
Big believer in the M-300 Reverb.
I loved the MXR CL1 Classic Overdrive ($30 GC special), was a staple on my board for a looong time.

Sent from my other brain.

Reactions: Adcandour
1 - 6 of 6 Posts