The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Rat thread reminded me of this for some reason.. For most of the 90's my #1 overdrive pedal was one of these:

Ibanez Super Tube STL

Made only in 1985, I paid $30 for it used around 1992. Didn't think it was so special originally but over the years I found I kept going back to it after brief encounters with other OD pedals. I liked it a lot better than the various tubescreamers I tried during that time.

In 2000 my pedalboard was stolen along with a bunch of other gear. I had to do a few gigs with a digital multieffects unit until I could aquire some new pedals. I tried a whole bunch of OD units but of course I couldn't replace this one easily. I did the odd Ebay search over the years but could never find one.. until now! I've got one on the way from Texas.

Does anyone here still use or remember this particular pedal? Not a lot on the web about it but it does get a mention on Analogman's Tubescreamer history page:'tube screamer history' page on Analogman's site..

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nobody here has ever had one of these?

I got my Ebay Super Tube a few days ago, hefty brokerage fee and all. Plugged it in and it was just like going home. I was surprised actually, I've been through a lot of overdrives since then and I thought maybe it wouldn't be as good as I remembered it. But it is!

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I had a green metal tube screamer back in the '90's which I liked. The only problem I had with it was that when it was off you could still hear the distorted signal bleeding through.

I think I still have it somewhere...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts