The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,178 Posts
Can anyone recommend someone to repair a Klon KTR with a suspected blown Zener?

Bought this one online & it showed up fried, suspect it was plugged into 18v.

I have sourced the replacement Zener diode & have the part on hand, just need the repair tech to swap it out.

Any suggestions appreciated.
Where are you loacated? There may be a local offering.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I appreciate the suggestion sulphur, thanks for taking the time to answer.

I have already corresponded with Brian after pouring over multiple forums for a repair tech. He says he doesn't do work on surface mounted components / technology.

A tech in LA has agreed to have a look at it, but it seems insane to have to ship this off to the states for a repair... do we not have anyone in Canada doing SMT work? I have found a bunch of Youtube videos, it doesn't really seem all that difficult.

Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all!

·
Registered
12,364 Posts
I appreciate the suggestion sulphur, thanks for taking the time to answer.

I have already corresponded with Brian after pouring over multiple forums for a repair tech. He says he doesn't do work on surface mounted components / technology.

A tech in LA has agreed to have a look at it, but it seems insane to have to ship this off to the states for a repair... do we not have anyone in Canada doing SMT work? I have found a bunch of Youtube videos, it doesn't really seem all that difficult.

Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all!
You could maybe check with Solid Gold Effects, I know of some guys that had repairs done there before.

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
You can try Laurie in Calgary. He still does repair work. He used to own the Dingotone pedal company.
[email protected]
I had quite a few of his pedals and he repaired a couple of my vintage pedals.

Reactions: ToneFarm
21 - 28 of 28 Posts