The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I've been playing electric for about four years , and now I want to buy an acoutic ou clasical guitar , because an electric is a bit boring unplugged , and I think it's about time to have an acoustic . Since it's my first one , I don't need a taylor r anything like that... I was thinking about 500$ max , but if there's something good for less $ that would be great .
Any suggestions ?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have a Simon and Patrick pro flame maple which I think sounds better than any other guitar I've played at a fraction of the cost. They are made in Quebec and I think they along with the rest of the godin line have about the best bang for the buck your gonna find. Mine was $800 cdn new, out of your range but that is the top of the line guitar they make. They also make guitars below $500 cdn which are very good.

www.simonandpatrick.com

·
Registered
89 Posts
Looking in the $500 area, with the US exchange being the way that it is now, I'd urge you to shoot closer to the $700 area and get looking for a used Larrivee D03, L03, Om03 or a Taylor 314. The guitar may cost a little more but these are solid wood guitars that will sound better than anything new undre $500 and will not have to be upgraded any time soon as you progress in your playing.

C

·
0 Posts
Go Godin guitars... (Seagull, Simon & Patrick, Art Luthier) or go home.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Go Godin guitars... (Seagull, Simon & Patrick, Art Luthier) or go home.
+ million.

I recently bought a S&P Folk with a solid spruce top and its a great sounding acoustic.

Obviously choose the body size and shape of your preference but within the 4 (Add Norman to the above) you will get a great variety and choice to suit you.....for a great price!

Every shop in Canada has them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts