The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have tour in a week and we need to buy a 5x7 enclosed cargo trailer before we go. We are looking used.

Do any of the forumites know anyone selling a 5x7 trailer within driving distance of Toronto?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
17,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Should be, but all my checks turn up a lot of brand new ones.

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
Dude . I feel your pain ... This is the only I have seen... 5x8 trailer | cargo, utility trailers | Peterborough | Kijiji

I have a 5 by 8 that the top is good but the whole frame has rotted. I have decided whether to dump it and buy new or try and get a welder to make a frame.

If you know a welder that can put it together in your time frame ....

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
kijiji should be loaded with them. Make sure you grease and check the bearings before you leave.
And the wheel nuts. I lost a trailer wheel on the 401 at the Don Valley one evening because I didn't check them on a boat and trailer I just purchased.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
I would consider renting. Surely Budget, Thrifty, or whomever will have what you are looking for at a reasonable price (much less than buying I would suspect). You would also have the added security that if anything went wrong with it you could just call their national number and have a replacement brought to you wherever you were. Sort of like CAA for your trailer. If something went wrong with a trailer you owned you would be on the hook for repairs, which might take some time whereas a replacement could be delivered quickly.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Uhaul rents trailers. If you you can range as far as Ottawa/Gatineau, Sam's Trailers seems to have quite a few but I have no idea if they are any good or not. Might want to try messaging them on FB.

·
Registered
329 Posts
We have tour in a week and we need to buy a 5x7 enclosed cargo trailer before we go. We are looking used.

Do any of the forumites know anyone selling a 5x7 trailer within driving distance of Toronto?

Thanks!
Rental is probably your best option Try and get an extra vehicle with all your gear to the border (Niagara Falls) and rent from Buffalo. Rental on the American side guarantees full coverage down to Florida...Piece of mind will help out with the tour!

Hope it all works out!

·
Premium Member
17,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Potentially have one.

Reactions: greco

·
Premium Member
17,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Found one in Windsor but no way to get it to London or Toronto. Can anyone help us out, has to be today. We have $$ for your effort.

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
Found one in Windsor but no way to get it to London or Toronto. Can anyone help us out, has to be today. We have $$ for your effort.
Why don't you try a Kijiji ad. You never know, someone might be coming that way.

Or you could rent a truck and go and get it.

·
Premium Member
17,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Gonna use our van and go get it haha. Noone was able to help us out.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Get locks and chocks for it otherwise it will disappear with your gear before the end of the year. GF^%@

·
Premium Member
17,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Get locks and chocks for it otherwise it will disappear with your gear before the end of the year. GF^%@
I'll see if it came with any - I know work sells chocks so that's an easy grab. We ended up grabbing one locally which is a big plus. I'll get my first glance at it when we load out on thursday!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts