The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a 500K Volume Pot and 500K Tone Pot to use with humbucker sized P90 pickups with A2 magnets I have Also looking for .022uf cap, orange drop or PIO cap. Three way switch and appropriate wire to for this project too. If there is a store in Edmonton that can be recommended or there is some one near here. The project guitar is a Fender Jaguar Blacktop HH. Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,794 Posts
If you weren't fussy on caps brand, I would GIVE you what you want, possibly excepting the switch - I have Tele style switches I will give away, but not Gibson style. Caps I probably have 2 types but they are just Chinese cheapies. Pots also alpha/small size.

·
Banned
13,247 Posts
Stang or maybe even L&M may have the pots, most likely the switches as well. The caps are a different story would be my guess. I have a cap but out of the rest, just ordered a bunch of stuff, sorry I didn't announce it as you could have gotten in on the order.

·
Registered
4,402 Posts
Pretty sure I have a 3-way Strat switch kicking around, not sure if that would fit.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Go to Stang.
They just got in a bunch of Luxe caps, with a bunch of Fender tele and Strat centric stuff, not to mention a bunch of other brands and price points.
Plus I know they have a great selection of several brands of pots. .

·
Premium Member
13,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Okay Pots in West Edmonton, caps in Fort Saskatchewan, a switch in Sherwood park. Thanks guys, but I think I will try Stang first. It's a short distance from where I live.

·
Premium Member
13,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The pickguard on this guitar looked like it had been attacked by a thrash punk guitarist. Ordered a new one from L&M (distributor for WD Music). The action was high enough to make you quiver if you have a fear of heights. Took almost a full 360 in increments it get it right. It has a small ceramic cap and given how dark the current humbuckers can get, I'm guessing it may be .047uf.

·
Premium Member
13,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thing is I don't exactly what type of pot I need. Short shaft, long shaft, etc..............

1 - 18 of 18 Posts