The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm currently looking for a nice handbuilt guitar. Something along the lines of a super-strat, with floyd rose, humbuckers, etc. You guys know any small shop that could make me one?

I'm in Ontario but if they're willing to ship I wouldn't mind.

Cheers,

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Save your cash and get a Liberatore. Very high end booteek quality, but they go for around a grand.

There is one right now in the classifieds. I don't think they get much better.

·
Occasional CEO
JB Custom
1,852 Posts
There are hundreds of talented luthiers across Canada. Probably nearly a hundred in Ontario alone. Any skilled luthier could do a build like that. A number of them are listed in our public directory, though the directory is still growing:
Luthier/Tech/Dealer Directory - Canada

Some (even those not listed in the directory) show off their work in our gallery (which includes their contact info). You can filter the gallery to show only professional builds and narrow it down to electric guitars to see a few.
Project Gallery - Next Gen Canada

Hope that helps!

If anyone knows any luthiers who could use more free exposure, send them over.

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
If it doesn't have to be Canadian, try Rondo's custom ordering. You could have it shipped to Watertown and go over and pick it up. There are many options and you would you would be in the $700.00 - $1000.00 CDN range.

·
Premium Member
17,214 Posts
If it doesn't have to be Canadian, try Rondo's custom ordering. You could have it shipped to Watertown and go over and pick it up. There are many options and you would you would be in the $700.00 - $1000.00 CDN range.
Why are you telling him to buy an import guitar when the thread clearly states he wants Canadian? Why do you want his money out of the country?

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
Why are you telling him to buy an import guitar when the thread clearly states he wants Canadian? Why do you want his money out of the country?
He has the option to buy where he wants and he may save himself hundreds of dollars. His choice, your choice, everyone's choice.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Hey guys,

I'm currently looking for a nice handbuilt guitar. Something along the lines of a super-strat, with floyd rose, humbuckers, etc. You guys know any small shop that could make me one?

I'm in Ontario but if they're willing to ship I wouldn't mind.

Cheers,
PSE Custom Guitars ( Phil Culleton )
www.psecustomguitars.net
Tecumseh,Ontario
You can find him and photo's on facebook also

He has made guitars for some big names, plus he makes them for us common folk, i have a friend who plays in various country bands, Phil made him a Custom Tele out of Barnwood.
Phil does Fantastic work all by hand, No C&C machines.

regards,
Larry

·
Premium Member
1,770 Posts
Another guy that you could try is Scott Heatley at Heatley Guitars. I didn't think that he built this type, but was talking to him the other day and he told me that he has a shredder model thats not shown on the site.

·
Premium Member
8,514 Posts
Another guy that you could try is Scott Heatley at Heatley Guitars. I didn't think that he built this type, but was talking to him the other day and he told me that he has a shredder model thats not shown on the site.
I had one. Very cool guitar.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,567 Posts
Fred at Freddie's Frets builds guitars from scratch as well.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts