The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm very new and ignorant to the world of electrics. Would someone direct me to a resource the gives a good introduction to electric guitars? i.e. what makes a good one, differences in pickups, effects, amps. I'm looking for an encyclopedic type material that gives me an "all I wanted to know, but was afraid to ask..." education on electrics.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I have downloaded a bunch of basic stuff that may be of interest to you, but unfortunetly I have it printed and at home. I use my computer at work and don't have one at home yet. If i have a quiet evening i will write down some of the links and post for you yet this week.
cheers
RIFF

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
axestronomer said:
Here is a link that should help you out . Lots of info and links to other sites that you can explore. http://www.projectguitar.com/index.htm

Hope this helps.
:smilie_flagge17:
Thanks for posting this link, but I REALLY wish someone had before now.
:food-smiley-004:

If I knew about it before I wouldn't have had to do as much research as I did when I starting getting into working on my own guitars. :confused-smiley-010

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Here are some links. I found most of the information good . That said, I am not experienced enough to comment on the "effects" or "mods", however if you surf the old posts on this site there is a wealth of information.You will have to surf the following links.(sorry, I am not able to include the direct links)

themusicedge.com pabasics
yorkville.com basicpasystems (speakers,pa's,microphones,wires, impedence)
www.betterguitar.com amps
guitarrepairshop.com repairs
guitar.about.com guitars,bass,accoustic
www.frets.com strings, frets, re-stringing
www.enforce.ca pots
users.chariot.net.au-gmarts effects, pickups,mods :click on left icons and surf
www.wikihow.com "choose a guitar amplifier for rock music" "how to choose a guitar" "how to string a guitar" (how to - just about anything, ask the question)

I hope these links are helpful, lots of reading and research.
cheers
RIFF

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the help. This should keep me busy for a while, as you have all given me plenty to research. Just what I wanted.

Cheers,
Al:food-smiley-004:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts