The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. sold a few items awhile back, and was lucky enough to come into a bit of inheritance money. 2 things I am looking into getting are a guitar and a new amp. I have some great amps and guitars, but I thought this would be a rare chance in life to get my ideal features in both a guitar and an amp.

I have a Fender La Cabronita (MiM), which I absolutely love. It's all I have played since I got it a few months back. I scored some TV Jones Classics through the For Sale forum, and when it came time to think about using them in the La Cab, I started thinking about the possibility of getting another La Cab but built to my exact specs. Mine is a bit heavy (my main issue), and if I had a choice I'd have another colour (I was thrilled just to find one used for a good price so I jumped on it).

Anyway, I know there are a ton of builders out there so some advice would be awesome. I've just never had the opportunity to look into something custom, so I don't really know where to start. I am near Toronto, but I wouldn't have an issue dealing with a reputable builder through mail.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,876 Posts
Hansen custom guitars is an option. He's building me a custom neck to my specs for my 52 tele right now. bbigsby (Bill) on this forum had 5 custom guitars (Tele, strat style) built by him. When I dropped off my guitar he had about 10 of his builds there that I spent some time with. They were very impressive. He shapes all the necks him self.
I'm considering a custom build by him. A tele that is 60's inspired and Nashville style (middle pickup). His prices are amazingly reasonable.

Hansen Kustoms - Home

·
Premium Member
5,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hansen custom guitars is an option. He's building me a custom neck to my specs for my 52 tele right now. bbigsby (Bill) on this forum had 5 custom guitars (Tele, strat style) built by him. When I dropped off my guitar he had about 10 of his builds there that I spent some time with. They were very impressive. He shapes all the necks him self.
I'm considering a custom build by him. A tele that is 60's inspired and Nashville style (middle pickup). His prices are amazingly reasonable.

Hansen Kustoms - Home
That link doesn't seem to be working for me

·
Premium Member
17,183 Posts
Capsule Music will build you a killer tele, @Ayr Guitars located by KW, Brown Bear guitars (Cask Music carries them), plus probably a bunch more.

·
Premium Member
721 Posts
Brad Keogan of Toronto's Shyboy Guitars (Shyboy & Tex Repairs) builds partscasters for the likes of Luke Doucet (of Whitehorse), and Eric Schenkman (of Spin Doctors)... and me :D

You should start a list of specs and features that you'd like. I find it's just as important to describe what you DON'T like.

·
Premium Member
5,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guy, I am researching the links provided to far.

Also of note, guitar builders seems to like having awful websites hah.

·
Premium Member
4,548 Posts
Freddys Frets, Brian Monty. Take a look at some of the builds in the build section and see if there is someone available.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts