The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hey copperhead....Depending on what you are using the epoxy for....a good ordinary epoxy with fine ebony dust mixed in with it might do the trick for you...Lab

·
Registered
644 Posts
can anyone tell me where to buy a some black epoxy and other glues in canada ,like the stuff like stewart macdonald carries seems they wont ship that stuff to canada
I haven't found it in Canada although I'm sure you can get it somewhere. I get mine from Stewmac but then I live close to the border and drive across to pick it up. I am currently in the states and will be for the best of the rest of the month. If you don't find some before then let me know and I bring some back and mail it to you. Least I can do for someone stuck in Botwood. (My Ex is from Botwood) Let me know by the 20th, I'm going to order some more for myself anyway.

·
Registered
330 Posts
OK, Lowtones, consider yourself an honorary newfie.....all you have to do now is drop down and see us, kiss the cod fish, drink a flask of good ole Newfie Screech and the deed is done..........Lab

·
Registered
644 Posts
OK, Lowtones, consider yourself an honorary newfie.....all you have to do now is drop down and see us, kiss the cod fish, drink a flask of good ole Newfie Screech and the deed is done..........Lab
Been there and done that. LOL But I think I drank the screech before I kissed the cod. I always like to get the shitty task out of the way first. :food-smiley-004:

·
Registered
110 Posts
black epoxy

can anyone tell me where to buy a some black epoxy and other glues in canada ,like the stuff like stewart macdonald carries seems they wont ship that stuff to canada
I buy West System Epoxy at Lee Valley or a local boat supply house.Next, I'd get some black ( or any other colour) Aniline dye and when mixing the epoxy,
stir in some of the dye to the desired depth of colour. A little experiment is
probably in order,but you'll find it works great.

Since it's water soluble, it would probably work in any water based Yellow glue. :food-smiley-004:
Jan

·
Registered
110 Posts
Sorry, I forgot to mention you'd also need an adhesive filler such as the 403
microfiber to thicken the mix.This one us used for wood /porous materials.

Then there's 404 high density for hardware bonding requiring a stronger interface between dissimilar materials.(for use in attaching rope cleats etc. to the deck of your yacht.)

Jan

1 - 12 of 12 Posts