The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 limited edition Rich Bitch Signed by Ozzy.. Slash.. Nikki Sixx and Joe Satriani .. i currently do not have these but there are pics of them signing it apparently at a Alice Cooper Trivute in hollywood .year unknown.. trying to get a price for my house insurance .. it might be worth nothing but the cost of guitar but i assure you .. Sigz are legit..
Thank you for you time in advance .
Gunner
North bay

·
Registered
275 Posts
My guess is that it is likely just worth the value of the guitar, maybe a bit more but likely not much. Hopefully some other forum members will chime in with their thoughts. There have been a few threads regarding this very subject and if you do a search for autographed or signed guitars you should find them and hopefully get some info that helps.

Reactions: Gunnz

·
Premium Member
9,712 Posts
you dont have to assure us the sigs are legit, you have to be able to assure a potential buyer that they are legit. if you can, the guitar might be worth more than an unsigned one. how much? no one knows. ive seen enough Pawn Stars episodes to think it might not be worth as much as you might think it should be. Hair metal hasn't made a true resurgence in terms of collectability. All those guys are still alive and accessible, albeit not in the same place.
....i currently do not have these but there are pics of them signing it apparently at a Alice Cooper Trivute in hollywood...
what don't you have, the pics? Why not? if theyre online download them and print/save them in case they get removed someday.
You cant say to a buyer the only proof you have is pics, which you do not have either. id laugh if it were me.

I personally wouldn't bother insuring it, as I suspect IF its worth big bucks, the premium would be very high for something that can so easily go missing/insurance scam.

check ebay for prices of a BC RB of similar age, and add what you think the sigs might be worth..if you add more than $1000, youre too high :) But Ozzy cant live forever, right? :)

·
Premium Member
11,836 Posts
I agree with others regarding autographs - IMO, they are only worth something to the person that originally received them (proof they met the person, I guess). Why would I care that you met those people?

Something related to the autographees, nicely framed or presented, seems to be bring some value for collectors. Like an old Zep poster with those four sigs might be worth something, for obvious reasons. I don't get the tie-in for a BC Rich guitar to any of those guys.

And I think the old, US made BC Rich guitars are the only ones that are collectable. Play the guitar and enjoy it for what it is instead of counting your piles of cash.

·
Premium Member
1,350 Posts
I have had a significant loss claim through house insurance.
If it is only one item, there is little to recover.
If you suffer a significant loss, you still may only achieve about 80% overall value under full replacement value scenario. They know that no one will actually choose to replace 100% of everything, but should you choose to, it is a lot of work on your part, and with the right coverage they will pay.

It is a very long story, but should you ever have to go through the experience, you will wish that it never happened to begin with.

Just make sure you bought the right kind of insurance coverage to suit your needs and budget. Making contents lists before or after are a pain, and quite time consuming. It may just be the worst year in your life, trying to recover from the experience.

It is just stuff.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
If you have a way of guaranteeing the signatures are legit, it may fetch a little more than the actual value of the guitar to some people. If they died, then the price would likely go up.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Insurance companies want you to get a written appraisal , for vintage or rare guitar or hard to appraise guitars ...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you have a way of guaranteeing the signatures are legit, it may fetch a little more than the actual value of the guitar to some people. If they died, then the price would likely go up.
I have been told that a few times when they pass

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Insurance companies want you to get a written appraisal , for vintage or rare guitar or hard to appraise guitars ...
This. I'd strongly suggest you do this. Speak to the insurance company about it, make sure they're good with the valuation you've got. Have the discussion now, because it's much harder to do it later.

Source: I've worked in insurance for a while.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Contact Gruhn Guitars in Nashville. For $75 USD, they'll do a written appraisal for you. My guess is, the guitar isn't worth anything more than it's market value. If any of those guys were superstars or dead, you might stand a chance of it being worth more. If it was signed by Randy Rhoads, you'd have something.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts