The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a new guitar but before I do wanted to upgrade to a better amp right now I have a 10W kustom(notice the K its not custom made its just the brand name) and I was looking for a decent amp maybe a 20W or a 30W cuz it seems like a waste to buy a good guitar and not have a good amp to play it with but money is a bit of a problem I am only 15 and currently jobless(hopefully not for long) so something not to expensive would be good or maybe if anybody has an nice decent amp they don't use anymore and is willing to sell thats good to.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I am looking to buy a new guitar but before I do wanted to upgrade to a better amp right now I have a 10W kustom(notice the K its not custom made its just the brand name) and I was looking for a decent amp maybe a 20W or a 30W cuz it seems like a waste to buy a good guitar and not have a good amp to play it with but money is a bit of a problem I am only 15 and currently jobless(hopefully not for long) so something not to expensive would be good or maybe if anybody has an nice decent amp they don't use anymore and is willing to sell thats good to.

Any suggestions?
What style of music do you play? What's your budget? We need more info!

If I were to judge 100% on your username though, I'd guess classic rock to hard rock and some blues? Peavey Classic 30 (runs for about $400 used) is a popular choice, great amp for rock and blues. Maybe a JCM 900 combo (you can get 1x12s for $600 used)?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What style of music do you play? What's your budget? We need more info!

If I were to judge 100% on your username though, I'd guess classic rock to hard rock and some blues? Peavey Classic 30 (runs for about $400 used) is a popular choice, great amp for rock and blues. Maybe a JCM 900 combo (you can get 1x12s for $600 used)?
You guess the style right on but right now 400$ is out of my price range since I am young and have no job I am thinkin 200$ is about as high as I can go right now.

·
Premium Member
17,179 Posts
then hold onto your money and save up another $200 until you can get a decent stup up. $400 can get you a fairly decent amp on the used market these days.

keep your eyes peeled for a used roland cube 30, you may be able to find one that cheap if you search hard.

best of luck on the job hunt!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
then hold onto your money and save up another $200 until you can get a decent stup up. $400 can get you a fairly decent amp on the used market these days.

keep your eyes peeled for a used roland cube 30, you may be able to find one that cheap if you search hard.

best of luck on the job hunt!
I found a used roland 30 cube for 160$ the guy said it was in great condition and in the pictures he posted there no visible damage think I should go for it?

·
Premium Member
17,179 Posts
can you go and test it out?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts