The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a really good guitar instructor to learn/improve on the following:

1) Theory
2) Improvisation
3) Blues (acoustic/electric)
4) Fingerstyle (mainly Blues/Folk)
5) Shredding

I've had a few instructors already in the past but I only found them okay. So I was wondering if anyone knows of an instructor they would highly recommend.

I live in Ontario, Toronto area. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
You could try Michael Schatte | Canadian Roots Rock Guitarist, Singer, and Songwriter He moved to Cobourg over the summer but said he still does teaching around Toronto (since he still gigs all over). He's also a Humber instructor for music tech, not sure about playing. He hits all 5 of what you're looking for (that's a lot to cover!).

Evidence here (jump to 3:30 if you're pressed for time)

and tell him Blair sent you :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the suggestion. I watched the whole video and he seems pretty good. He can definitely pull off fast blues licks and solos. I will hit him up sometime next week and also watch a few more of his vids. And I will surely mention you. Thanks again and have a Happy Thanksgiving.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You could try Michael Schatte | Canadian Roots Rock Guitarist, Singer, and Songwriter He moved to Cobourg over the summer but said he still does teaching around Toronto (since he still gigs all over). He's also a Humber instructor for music tech, not sure about playing. He hits all 5 of what you're looking for (that's a lot to cover!).

Evidence here (jump to 3:30 if you're pressed for time)

and tell him Blair sent you :)
Thanks for the suggestion. I watched the whole video and he seems pretty good. He can definitely pull off fast blues licks and solos. I will hit him up sometime next week and also watch a few more of his vids. And I will surely mention you. Thanks again and have a Happy Thanksgiving.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I can very very strongly recommend you
Duff of duffmusiq fame.

He is really good teacher, great personality, extremely knowledgable. On top of that he is also a producer and all around musician, gigging all the time.

Duffmusiq

Smooth Jazz - Guitarist - Soul - Blues

Feel free to contact him.
If you need more info don't hesitate to let me know

Yours truly
Bojan

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can very very strongly recommend you
Duff of duffmusiq fame.

He is really good teacher, great personality, extremely knowledgable. On top of that he is also a producer and all around musician, gigging all the time.

Duffmusiq

Smooth Jazz - Guitarist - Soul - Blues

Feel free to contact him.
If you need more info don't hesitate to let me know

Yours truly
Bojan
Thanks for the recommendation...I will definitely check out his profile and contact him for more info.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts