The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Someone who's not too knowledgeable with pricing guitars here looking for some advice. I got this one new over 5 years ago when I was taking lessons but never really got the hang of it. The guitar itself is very lightly used and is in perfect shape. Looking to sell it but wanted opinions from some real guitar people so I don't get scammed. All I really know is its an Ibanez.

·
Premium Member
16,790 Posts
What's the model? It will say somewhere on the headstock.

·
Registered
12,257 Posts
i think (not sure) you might need to be a member to post pics. if i'm right, you could always post a url to imgur or something similar.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Advertise it on Kijiji and be prepared to see low offers.
Post a pic of the serial number and model #. more close up pics, straight on not angled

·
Registered
173 Posts
This is an Ibanez SZR520 LBB they made them for 2 years from '08 to '09. I only buy MIJ Ibanez guitars so I'm not much help there. But hopefully you can find one that's sold using the model number.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
It's an Ibanez SZR520.
Made in 2008 in China.

Mahogany Body and neck, Rosewood Fretboard.

NeoZ Pickups (Neodymium magnets)

Really nice for metal shred heads.

I see them in local pawn shops (Edmonton Alberta) every now and then for the sub 500.00 range.

That's part of the Standard Line.

The Prestige line has the "tree of life" inlay that is featured on the Ibanez Artist (AR series now) and the JEM/Universe Series. Those are in the 700-1000.00 range.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Its in really great condition it was barely used so would around $400 be a good start off selling point?

·
Registered
14,555 Posts
Saw it has already been identified as an SZR--I like them.
But I'm not in the market for one...

·
Premium Member
4,177 Posts
At reverb.com, one was sold for $489 + shipping last year. Try selling it for $450. I'll be honest though, being that it is made in China, it might be tough to sell it at that price, it will be up to you how low you would sell it for.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Below $500 the price and details are largely irrelevant. If someone thinks it's pretty they'll buy it. Mention whether it comes with a case or gig bag and any extras it comes with (strap/tuner etc). It'll sell.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts