The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,284 Posts
What about Paul Reed Smith?

But I kid. Clearly, at this point, they will need someone who has at least some dedication to guitars, but enough business sense to get them out of the mess they are in. I think what they want and need is a transitional CEO. Give 'em a 3-year contract, subject to renewal.

Ironically, when you look at reports from a few years after Juszkiewicz and Berryman initially took over the helm in the late 80's, that was exactly the sort of person and approach they need right now. But for whatever reasons, J & B simply lost that particular mojo.

·
Premium Member
13,400 Posts
Private Equity Firms don't have the greatest record for taking businesses over in order to sell them with a profit and make them successful at the same time. Guitar Centers in the US aren't doing that great. For a classic disaster, look at Toys R US.

·
Registered
12,873 Posts
you guys joke, but i wonder...
i mean, not specifically steadly, but maybe john Q public, guitar enthusiast. as long as he was somewhat intelligent, and had good advisors, i bet a regular joe who rocks, wouldn't do that bad.
I agree, someone with a passion for guitars/music, not just cash.

I think that's why PRS has been so successful.

·
Registered
18,593 Posts
You can do it!!!
Yes, I likely could but I couldn't rip people off like the corporate people do. My concscience just wouldn't allow me to do so. I used to work for a large corporation as you likely remember and I used to talk customers out of buying our expensive products that were marketed toward the ignorant and gullible. My conscience wouldn't allow me to have them taken when I knew better.

Getting back to the article, it was quite complementary of Henry, explaining how he pulled Gibson out of the hole when he bought them back in the 80's.

·
Premium Member
12,980 Posts
I'm sitting here thinking: "those poor Nortel ex-CEO's must be running out of the millions they cleaned out of that company by now." Perhaps one of them, or all of them in succession, can get this gig?

Not iconic (to many) or godlike ..... Gene Simmons?
Since Gibson loves 'rocking to the fifties', perhaps Richard Simmons?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts