The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a good quality tremolo pedal between 150-300 for marshall 18w copy and a strat

·
Registered
1,252 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
I have a Dunlop TS-1 and I like it just fine. It's not noisy at all and has stereo/mono outputs.

·
Premium Member
1,380 Posts
I'm a huge fan of the Build Your Own Clone (BYOC) Tremolo. I've played for 15 years, worked in a major music store for 5, and played a lot of tremolo in pedals and amps. This is my favourite and the most tube like of any tremolo I've tried.

FWIW I go for CCR/Twin Peaks/Stax Records/James Bond sort of tremolo sounds. I find this one does it better than all comers.

I also really like the T-Rex as well. That's a hell of a pedal. I went BYOC because it was half the price and I wanted to build my own (it is offered prebuilt as well).

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
The Danelectro Tunamelt gets raves reviews. Don't dismiss it because it's cheap.

Alternatively, jroberts is selling a swamp thing tremolo. Great high end stuff, at used prices, in Canada. Check the buy and sell section.

TG

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Cusack Tap-A-Whirl is the one on my board. Sounds awesome, super quiet, tap tempo, silent relay true-bypass switching, programmable options, ramp up/down ... etc. It's not as swampy and vintage sounding as some other ones but if you're looking for a versatile, awesome sounding trem with tons of options, Cusack is the one.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Boss TR-2. Tried one out on Friday. If I was in the market for a tremolo pedal, I would seriously consider that one. Decent price. Next purchace is going to be a delay or possibly a chorus though.

-Twiggy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts