The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a couple of cheap fuzz pedals in the mail recently.
One is a Caline CP-11 Puffer Fuzz (light blue). The other an Aural Dream Purely Fuzz.
The CP-11 is supposed to be a silicon FF and of the 2 is the most fuzz like. But man o man, the Purely fuzz is a killer dirt pedal. Silicon and LED option. It actually still sounds good through a clean amp. Only gets better when amp is breaking up.
Anyhow here is a quick demo of these 2 pedals done on my iPhone. Tried to cover all the bases quickly. Clean, dirty, volume rolled off etc.

Video to follow.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is a question, the pedal came with this sticker on the back of it. If this is digital I find it hard to believe. Only other dirt that I have that is digital is the BOSS FZ5. Sounds pretty good, but when you roll back the volume you can hear some unnatural noise. This doesn't seem to do that.

·
Premium Member
12,980 Posts
I see what looks to be one 8 pin DIP socket (op amp), a pair of 1/4" jacks, a footswitch and a power jack, plus the sundry transistors, caps, diodes and resistors necessary to make an analog fuzz. I see no indication of a microprocessor, which IME has a larger pin count than 8. So I would say the sticker on the back is either a) a mis-translation or b) a generic CYA statement they put on all their pedals, irrelevant of technology used inside.

·
Registered
861 Posts
I suppose it could be wave soldered to the other side but I don't see any evidence that it's digital either.
Only way to know for sure is to see the other side of the PCB

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I googled the name and noticed it is listed as an analogue pedal. Also saw that it is suppose to be a copy of a Mad Professor Fire Red Fuzz. Going to have to look into that.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
if its a fire red fuzz clone,
its a tweaked big muff-
trannies, diodes, caps, resistors.
not digital in that case.
dunno about that ic tho.
but not digital.

edited post- so i thought id add this-
great playing man.
most demos are laughable.
yur tearing it up for a demo.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Couple new ones I have been toying with.

Diamond Fireburst. I like it. Sure has a lot of gain on tap. Wish it got a little less gainy.

Cusack Screamer Fuzz V2. Just got this today but I believe we are going to have a long and fruitful relationship. Three knob and one 3 way switch. Level/Fuzz/Scream and Stock/Asymmetrical/Diode. The one cosmetic design flaw. The put chicken beak knobs on it and because the enclosure is slightly smaller they actually hang slightly over the edge.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.