The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally signed up, after quite a while on the sidelines quietly soaking in everything that is the Guitars Canada forum. I would classify myself as a hack guitarist, finally getting a chance to (re)develop my skills after a decades-long break focused on career (with too-long commutes) and raising a young family.

I primarily play on an Arts and Lutherie acoustic picked up from Kijiji a couple of years ago. When it is time to crank'er up, I still use my Ibanez Roadstar (strat copy, green) and Traynor Bloc100 purchased new back in '84. Currently on the hunt for a Telecaster, or maybe a G&L ASAT, but then again the Godin Session Custom looks good, but an A6 would do acoustic too, etc. etc. Also looking for a small practice amp - have that narrowed down to about 100 options too. Analysis paralysis is a real thing.

I love classic rock, and some of the guitar-oriented new wave-ish stuff. When it comes to current artists, the chops of Travis and Dallas Good in the Sadies will alternately inspire me, or make me want to pile all my guitar stuff in a pile and burn it in a big bonfire to ensure I never play again.

I look forward to participating after quite a while as a lurker. Cheers.

L

·
0 Posts
Welcome aboard Sid.
There's a few members from KW area here.
You'll hear from them soon enough, I'm sure.
I have a Bloc100 too. Picked it up last summer used.
I like!

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Welcome to the forum Mr. Lurker. I never lurked, no wayI just charged in all teeth, hair and eyeballs, scared the shit out of most members here when I joined.
Many have never recovered.
*#*(

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Welcome...join the discussions

·
Premium Member
3,331 Posts
Morning!

Sent from my other other brain.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I finally signed up, after quite a while on the sidelines quietly soaking in everything that is the Guitars Canada forum. I would classify myself as a hack guitarist, finally getting a chance to (re)develop my skills after a decades-long break focused on career (with too-long commutes) and raising a young family.

I primarily play on an Arts and Lutherie acoustic picked up from Kijiji a couple of years ago. When it is time to crank'er up, I still use my Ibanez Roadstar (strat copy, green) and Traynor Bloc100 purchased new back in '84. Currently on the hunt for a Telecaster, or maybe a G&L ASAT, but then again the Godin Session Custom looks good, but an A6 would do acoustic too, etc. etc. Also looking for a small practice amp - have that narrowed down to about 100 options too. Analysis paralysis is a real thing.

I love classic rock, and some of the guitar-oriented new wave-ish stuff. When it comes to current artists, the chops of Travis and Dallas Good in the Sadies will alternately inspire me, or make me want to pile all my guitar stuff in a pile and burn it in a big bonfire to ensure I never play again.

I look forward to participating after quite a while as a lurker. Cheers.
Welcome aboard Sid !!

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Welcome aboard. Suggestion if I may...I have the same amp (? mines the GT 2 x10), like you bought new in the 80's. I thought it was my guitars that I had love/hate relationships with. But it was actually the amp.
Just suggesting that before you drop some coin on a new guit, (because you feel something is missing) try out some new amps 1st. I went with one of Traynor's YCS amps and could not believe the difference, and it rejuvenated my relationships with my current guitars. I still have the Bloc, will be converted to an ext cab though. And not knocking your gear...just relaying what I found with that amp

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Scotty, I appreciate the suggestion. I have serious mixed feelings about my guitar - the Japanese guitars out of that factory at the time played great, and the neck on it is fabulous (I have received a lot of comments on it from others, so it isn't just my bias). I am not thrilled with the pickups though, and I am not sure if it is the right platform to start modding. There are a lot more resources out there for modding a Telecaster or strat than an Ibanez under-the-bed special. A new project guitar has some appeal... (along with an Orange micro terror, but that is a different subject. )

1 - 13 of 13 Posts