The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to upgrade an Epiphone Les Paul and thre some interessing kit on RSguitars, but I don't know if I'm doing good. There some short shaft kit but actually I have some long ones, but I want to change it since I switch the knobs with top hat and the shaft are too long for it. If I switch long shafts for short ones did they will fith either?

Thanks

·
Registered
139 Posts
I'm looking to upgrade an Epiphone Les Paul and thre some interessing kit on RSguitars, but I don't know if I'm doing good. There some short shaft kit but actually I have some long ones, but I want to change it since I switch the knobs with top hat and the shaft are too long for it. If I switch long shafts for short ones did they will fith either?

Thanks
Don't know about the Epi LP but my Gibson LP needs long shaft. I have top hats and yes they're too long if you don't use the nut on the shaft inside the cavity to set the height. That is...there should be 2 nuts... one that tightens from the outside where your knob is, but you also need to use the second one on the shaft inside the cavity to set the height that you want the shaft to stick outside your guitar for the knob. Short shaft pots are too short in a Les Paul (Gibby).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts