The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So there is an add for a fender twin reverb on Facebook so I asked if it was real or an reissue . So when he said reissue simply said not interested and a bunch are people say I'm a troll lol. It's like I'm not trading my my vintage mesa for a dam reissue . How does this make me a dam troll . Just a bunch of brain dead people whom piss me off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
Air guitar
3,254 Posts
That photo fails to show the part of the conversation where you have a fit like a toddler and tell everyone there's no difference between a 65 blackface and a 70s silverface. Or that you claim that you can buy one for $1k.

Reactions: LowWatt and jdto

·
Premium Member
'59 LP Junior & Danocaster T
1,039 Posts
Sigh... I'm not going to go through this again with you personally because it is not worth the time, but for the benefit of the GC members, I'll fill in the blanks that you so conveniently failed to mention. After learning that the listed amp was a reissue, you said you were no longer interested. I commented off-hand that you'll never find a real '60s blackface for $1000 or less (ie: the price of a '65 RI Twin) unless you get lucky. I actually own a '65 so I'm aware of what they are worth as originals. You responded telling me I was wrong, and when I asked you to prove your point, you replied with a bunch of links to 70s SF Twins for the prices you quoted, but not a single blackface. You also spent quite a large amount of time on that same FB buy/sell group trying to tell a respected trader that his '64 Super Reverb was worth nothing because the speakers had been changed.

Anyway, over and out.

W.

·
Registered
18,584 Posts
Not a troll, but a lack of knowledge on the parts of both parties. One lacks knowledge of amps (as I do) and one lacks knowledge of what makes a troll.:D

Reactions: BGood

·
Registered
350 Posts
Let's do the math:
For commenting about the price of something you have no intention of buying -troll
For using false information to back up your false claims- troll and asshole
For coming here to turn people against said seller using false/misleading info -troll and asshole

So I'd say your just a bit more troll than asshole but it's close

-Tapatalk

·
Registered
18,584 Posts
Let's do the math:
For commenting about the price of something you have no intention of buying -troll
For using false information to back up your false claims- troll and asshole
For coming here to turn people against said seller using false/misleading info -troll and asshole

So I'd say your just a bit more troll than asshole but it's close

-Tapatalk
Rick: You are obviously upset, but is there really any need of this^^^^^? Rather than getting upset, wouldn't it just be better to educate someone and patiently explain why their reasoning is in error? If they don't accept it, we can all just move on, can't we?

Reactions: sambonee

·
Premium Member
Air guitar
3,254 Posts
Rick: You are obviously upset, but is there really any need of this^^^^^? Rather than getting upset, wouldn't it just be better to educate someone and patiently explain why their reasoning is in error? If they don't accept it, we can all just move on, can't we?
No offense, but you didn't have the pleasure of seeing that entire FB thread. Rick's comment is accurate.

Reactions: King Loudness

·
Banned
13,249 Posts
Rick doesn't get upset. You, on the other hand should just move on.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Not upset at all. I've got no skin in the game except that someone came to the forum and posted a thread obviously looking for comment. So I commented.

-Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.