The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://store.guitarfetish.com/ibstcobomebl.html

quote:

Stunning new finished bodies in the familiar sculpted Ibanez style. These are super lightweight pooplar, done in a beautiful metallic Ice Blue, and ready to assemble.

The 5 way slot is cut for one of those plastic 5-way plates as used on many new guitars- We do not have them in stock but they are available, or you can cut your own out of black pickguard material if you're skilled.

We will include the backplate cover for free. This fits our rounded end necks- the ones with the overhang- A Square end neck would need mods to fit.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
From their Squier '51 pickguard page:
http://store.guitarfetish.com/sq51cupi.html

OK- FINALLY here.

Here's the deal with these. These are HAND-CUT from plywood bucks, so we can't do them dirt cheap- just pretty cheap.

The Squier 51's are made by native peoples using crude implements, and thus they are NOT standard. You WILL HAVE TO Mod your guitar!!! By that I mean you WILL HAVE TO plug all of your pickguard holes with toothpicks and white glue, trim em flush, and make new holes for this pickguard. You DO NOT need a drill- these are made from old loaves of bread and toilet tissue, so a sharp Awl or Icepick is fine!!

The "Custom" guard require ZERO mods to the rout of your guitar- Just drop it on, screw it on and you're all set- YES you might have to trim the neck pocket or massage the guard a little- remember they are all different!! They make these guitars at night with no lightbulbs- so every body differs slightly.

The Deluxe guard DOES REUIQRE MODS- I STRONGLY suggest you route a channel connecting the Neck and Bridge pickups- and I STRONGLY suggest you route a channel between the bridge pickup and the control cavity. You can do it with a sharp chisel or even a good strong Spork. Remember these guitars are made from Pound Cake and recycled underpants, so they're easy to cut.
Sorry about the price on the White pearl- best we could do - It's expensive stuff.

wait a second there guitarfetish man...

you said,
these are made from old loaves of bread and toilet tissue, so a sharp Awl or Icepick is fine!!
and then you said...
Remember these guitars are made from Pound Cake and recycled underpants, so they're easy to cut.
ROFL...im going to email him and ask for clarification on the matter :rockon2: :banana: :rockon2:

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just sent the owner an email, here it is...

"Hey, I am very interested in geeting a squier '51 pickguard.
I will of course have to go buy a squier first. This will be my first electric guitar. I just started learning a few weeks ago.
A friend of mine showed me your site and on the squier 51 pickguard page it says,

OK- FINALLY here.
Here's the deal with these. These are HAND-CUT from plywood bucks, so we can't do them dirt cheap- just pretty cheap.
The Squier 51's are made by native peoples using crude implements, and thus they are NOT standard. You WILL HAVE TO Mod your guitar!!! By that I mean you WILL HAVE TO plug all of your pickguard holes with toothpicks and white glue, trim em flush, and make new holes for this pickguard. You DO NOT need a drill-these are made from old loaves of bread and toilet tissue, so a sharp Awl or Icepick is fine!!
The "Custom" guard require ZERO mods to the rout of your guitar- Just drop it on, screw it on and you're all set- YES you might have to trim the neck pocket or massage the guard a little- remember they are all different!! They make these guitars at night with no lightbulbs- so every body differs slightly.
The Deluxe guard DOES REUIQRE MODS- I STRONGLY suggest you route a channel connecting the Neck and Bridge pickups- and I STRONGLY suggest you route a channel between the bridge pickup and the control cavity. You can do it with a sharp chisel or even a good strong Spork. Remember these guitars are made from Pound Cake and recycled underpants, so they're easy to cut.
Sorry about the price on the White pearl- best we could do - It's expensive stuff.

My question is, as you first stated, "these are made from old loaves of bread and toilet tissue, so a sharp Awl or Icepick is fine!!"
and then you later say, "Remember these guitars are made from Pound Cake and recycled underpants, so they're easy to cut."
I am very new to the electric guitar scene, and I was wondering which of those materials these guitars are made from. I have heard a few bad things about squier. My friends say they are crappy guitars and that I should not buy one. However, I do not have the money for a fender right now, so I have to get a squier.
Are they really made from old loaves of bread and toilet tissue...or are they made from Pound Cake and recycled underpants?
the squier site says they are made from wood I think....as I said...I do not know much about guitars but I do want to learn. Thanks! cant wait to try one of your pickguards, if you think the squier 51 is a good guitar for me to get first?"

ill post his reply later lol!

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Ok, I have to admit I am a little tipsy, and I totally donm't understand what's going on. Is that a serous description or did someone hack their site?

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think that is a serious deception friend...its actually on their site. I think the guitarfetish guy has some explaining to do lol...

·
Registered
872 Posts
It's not really serious. Jay(the owner) posted about it on HC. He did it just for fun because they are not great guitars and when he was prototyping the pickguards not two guitars were the same. So thats why he put that up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts