The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! Why is it that I have to log in multiple times? I may do a post then hit 'submit' and I'm taken to the login screen, back up, copy post, log in, re-post or just say f-it. Is this a Mozilla thing? Behind corp firewall/proxy?
Michelle

·
Registered
187 Posts
It's likely a corp/firewall thing that disables cookies and such.....or it could be that yer a girl. :tongue:

Does this happen on your home computer too ??

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
searchin4signal said:
It's likely a corp/firewall thing that disables cookies and such.....or it could be that yer a girl. :tongue:

Does this happen on your home computer too ??
ah-hahaha.... Think it does it at home too but I'll check. I've worked on servers and firewalls for quite a few years, (not now), I never needed a 'thing' to do it. :banana:

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
"As always, timing is everything..."

It appears to be a timeout thing, Michelle. Since I tend to long-winded posts I run into it all the time. It never happens with a short reply.

It's easy to work around. When it hits you with a new logon do it to refresh the board that you're a logged on user. Then hit your "back" button enough times to get back to your draught post. When you submit again the board accepts you as logged on and takes your post!

Saves having to type it all over.

There's probably some way for whoever looks after the board maintenance to stretch out the timeout interval but maybe they want to discourage long-winded posts! :)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Chicks are bad with "Timing".....
I remember when my Father told me a story about my Mom being "late" and that's why they got married quick and that's why my sister was "late" (she was born on the way HOME from the hospital)....
Then one day my sister told me she was "late" and had to get married quick...
Then one day my girlfriend told me her clock was ticking and then a short while later she said she was late...and then we had to get married...quick.

So boys....lesson to learn here......watch out because lateness somehow turns into marriage....quick.
Hope I could save someone here because I was too late to find out about girls "Timing"......

:smile:

·
Administrator
15,823 Posts
Wild Bill said:
It appears to be a timeout thing, Michelle. Since I tend to long-winded posts I run into it all the time. It never happens with a short reply.

It's easy to work around. When it hits you with a new logon do it to refresh the board that you're a logged on user. Then hit your "back" button enough times to get back to your draught post. When you submit again the board accepts you as logged on and takes your post!

Saves having to type it all over.

There's probably some way for whoever looks after the board maintenance to stretch out the timeout interval but maybe they want to discourage long-winded posts! :)
I think it is currently set at 30 minutes Bill. Some of your posts would take you that long to compose I am sure :food-smiley-004: but I love reading them.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
"It's always something..."

GuitarsCanada said:
I think it is currently set at 30 minutes Bill. Some of your posts would take you that long to compose I am sure :food-smiley-004: but I love reading them.
Thanks! It's funny how easy it is to blow half an hour composing only a few paragraphs. The phone will ring and I'll hear "Uh, can you hotrod my Fender to sound like a Marshall?" and the next call will say "Uh, can you make my Marshall cleaner?"

I could save a lot of time if I just put these guys together! :)

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
searchin4signal said:
Chicks are bad with "Timing".....
You're a funny guy Searchin', no really, not being sarcastic.

Personally though, my timing is good, has to be, I'm a bass player. And as for the other 'timing', I don't worry about that, I entered menopause surgically a few years ago. That was fun.

I didn't post last nite, was too busy moving snow. I copy everything I post now so I can go back if needed and paste it in again.

ciao

·
Registered
187 Posts
It's funny you were moving snow...I moved some from Ontario all the way to New Brunswick......yesterday ! Nice to hear I got it there just in time.
My timing is OK....but my space is better. You see....back in high school....I proved that space and time were related.....I always showed up 5 miles late for physics class...and my teacher passed me anyway. I also had a math teacher that stuttered....but that's a whhhooolllleee other story....she passed me too.
I"m sorry about the surgery you had...don't feel bad about it...it could have been worse...you could have had your menopause forcibly removed by the police....and look at the bright side...you don't have to bicycle anymore.
Besides I heard that that a woman's cycle very closely follows the Lunar cycle.
You know what else follows the Lunar cycle ??
Werewolves.
:smile:

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh no Searchin'; I don't feel bad at all about the surgery, not now anyway and I can ride a bike no problem. I use hormones now to simulate the lunar cycle thing, so yeah, weirwolves, better watch out!

I could tell you all about the surgery if you want, there's a real shocker in that tale. :eek:
SeeYa
Michelle

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
"Frawwnkenstein, dammit!"

Michelle said:
Oh no Searchin'; I don't feel bad at all about the surgery, not now anyway and I can ride a bike no problem. I use hormones now to simulate the lunar cycle thing, so yeah, weirwolves, better watch out!

I could tell you all about the surgery if you want, there's a real shocker in that tale. :eek:
SeeYa
Michelle
"Where wolves? THERE wolves!"

·
Registered
187 Posts
Michelle said:

SeeYa
Michelle
I'm scared to hear about your surgery.....I already know about the shocker. :eek:

Mod Edit: removed the inappropriate content. Jeff

1 - 14 of 14 Posts