The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out and tried for the first time to check the forum on my android phone. The only login was to let them harvest my Facebook or Google login. There was no was to login directly and give my password. I never give my FB or Google as a way to login, so I will not be able to post new threads or replies from my phone.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Same here.

Now the past few weeks, maybe month, I've had to log in every time I try to comment or like a post.

I log in with my Google account, but that's only because it's my main email.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I won't log in with Google. That's how they track you. So I assume the new forum wants to crawl up my ass and see what I had for lunch?

·
Registered
224 Posts
I won't log in with Google. That's how they track you. So I assume the new forum wants to crawl up my ass and see what I had for lunch?
I don't share the opinion of most but if Google wants to track me, I don't really care.

Do I want em watching? No. That's why I don't have Alexa haha.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
Typing this on my iPhone. No problem here. I’ve only ever used my email address and access with Safari on the iPhone. Are you using https?

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I used to go to a web browser on my phone and the standard sign in button was there. Now that is not anywhere, but a box says I can join the conversation if I give up my FB or Google. NEVER!!!!! I think I am going to have to find some new online guitar forum. This one is being taken over.

·
Registered
9,820 Posts
There was a discussion about this in the political section the other week, and it was quite eye opening.

Really though, it should come as no surprise seeing as the forum was bought by a marketting company.

·
Super Moderator
384 Posts
Works fine. Just checked it on my Android using Firefox. User name and password boxes are above the FB and google logins.

<edit> just checked it on Chrome, same thing. Works fine. I'm not logged in on my phone, the login boxes show up fine.

What browser are you using? Any ad blocking add ons? Screen shot it for us.

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Works fine. Just checked it on my Android using Firefox. User name and password boxes are above the FB and google logins.

<edit> just checked it on Chrome, same thing. Works fine. I'm not logged in on my phone, the login boxes show up fine.

I am using the default android browser. I checked it again and all I see is the register buttons. I checked and it wants my user name, email, password and then I would click register and agree to all the terms of the site. I should not have to register as a new user. I guess my browser is different?

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I guess my phone is special. I really don't give much of a fuck because of this new forum. If I can't respond I will go to other sites. Harmony Central, Gear Slutz for example.

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Browser is the default that comes with Android. It's an older Galaxy S Note 3. KitKat 4.4 I think.

No adblocker on the phone.

Screen shot. This is the only mention of signing in or up I can find. It's at the end of a thread.

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
Get an iPhone, Android sucks!

·
Super Moderator
384 Posts
Install Firefox or Chrome and report back. The advantage of either of those browsers (besides being able to login) is that you can sync with your browser on your other computers so you'll be able to have all your favs and tabs on your phone that you have on your laptop etc.

·
Registered
12,916 Posts
I don't use my cell for internet....or for that matter much of any other phone/non-phone related usage.....but I have noticed that there has been an increase of phishing/scamming type phone calls into my voicemail. If I don't know the number it goes to voice mail. Lately I've had a couple of RCMP/SIN calls, a CRA scam call, a survey where they leave an address in Quebec and just want my cell number and a few others.

·
Administrator
225 Posts
I was out and tried for the first time to check the forum on my android phone. The only login was to let them harvest my Facebook or Google login. There was no was to login directly and give my password. I never give my FB or Google as a way to login, so I will not be able to post new threads or replies from my phone.
When you're not logged in there is a generic avatar. Click on it.

A window will open to login.

- Cricket

1 - 20 of 32 Posts