The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Again, just curious.

In the early days of radio stations would often do what they called "remotes" where they would take a mobile setup to a dance or music hall and do a live broadcast for "the folks at home."

I'm an old guy and while I've heard some remote local sports games, CNE opening day shows and the odd store opening in a mall I've never heard a radio station play a live performance of a local band.

Has anyone had this experience in their part of Canada or is this something that radio stations just don't feel it's worthwhile to do anymore?

:food-smiley-004:

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
Again, just curious.
In the early days of radio stations would often do what they called "remotes" where they would take a mobile setup to a dance or music hall and do a live broadcast for "the folks at home."
I'm an old guy and while I've heard some remote local sports games, CNE opening day shows and the odd store opening in a mall I've never heard a radio station play a live performance of a local band.
Has anyone had this experience in their part of Canada or is this something that radio stations just don't feel it's worthwhile to do anymore?
:food-smiley-004:

...cbc radio does:

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/

take a peek!

-dh

ps even my dad, who is an arch right wing conservative, is a huge fan of cbc radio!

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Kim Mitchel,late afternoons on Q107 has been getting "big names" that are touring TO on his show for live jam sessions. that's about it.
cheers
RIFF

1 - 4 of 4 Posts