The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have a PowerCab + that I got a month or so ago when they first came out. It works beautifully. I run my BE-50 through it via my UA OX. The trick with any FRFR is to turn off that compression driver (aka the tweeter) when using high gain at a louder volume. It really compresses and squeezes the tone too much and sounds odd. With the PC+, you just select FRFR flat and that turns it off. Works and sounds great. When playing live, I use it as my monitor from the right out of the UA OX. The left out goes direct to the PA system.

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a PowerCab + that I got a month or so ago when they first came out. It works beautifully. I run my BE-50 through it via my UA OX. The trick with any FRFR is to turn off that compression driver (aka the tweeter) when using high gain at a louder volume. It really compresses and squeezes the tone too much and sounds odd. With the PC+, you just select FRFR flat and that turns it off. Works and sounds great. When playing live, I use it as my monitor from the right out of the UA OX. The left out goes direct to the PA system.
Oh man! I’d love to hear this or even help make a video demo of that rig...a comparison of the UA cab sims vs the PC speakers would be really interesting. If you’d be interested shoot me a PM.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts