The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Possibly regretfully listing the best guitar I have ever owned because I have chronic GAS (a very, very serious condition). There is a chance that I will just take this down in a few days as I am a bit on the fence about actually parting with it.
A couple guitars have popped up on the used market that I have my eye on so sadly this one is going to have to go. Looking to get around $3600 for this beauty. That being said, I am always open to trades for other Custom Shop Guitars, Fender and Gibson.
As I mentioned before this is the best guitar I have ever had. This is one of eight ‘57 Strats made with a rosewood neck to commemorate the 30th Anniversary of the Fender Custom Shop, and it truly feels as though a lot of thought and effort were put into it. Everything from the pickups to the neck to the finish is absolutely perfect.
This Strat has an amazing chocolate two-tone sunburst that looks just awesome. It is the Journeyman Relic finish package which is extremely well done and authentic, checking, a few nicks and dings but nothing over the top or offensive. The Custom Shop did a great job relicing this one.
The Strat weighs in at around 7.5 lbs, it feels very light and balanced. This guitar really resonates and vibrates when playing both acoustically and electrically.
The neck in terms of playability and looks is perfect. A very soft V that fits perfectly in your hand. The lacquered fretboard also gives it a different feel than what you would expect from a rosewood board. You get the feel of a maple board but with the tonality of a rosewood board which in my opinion is the perfect combination. It also has a 9.5 inch radius with 6105 frets.
Additionally, the Custom Shop Hand Wound 57 Stratocaster pickups absolutely sing in this Strat. They sound exactly like Strat pickups should and the middle pickup is reverse wound so there is almost no 60 cycle hum.
If you’re looking for an absolutely amazing Custom Shop Stratocaster that has some very unique specs that you don’t see often, especially on the used market, then this one is perfect for you.
Feel free to message me with any questions!

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Someone in Ontario has to have a Custom Shop Fender or Gibson they’d be willing to trade for this beauty! Don’t be shy let me know what you’ve got! Worst I can say is no and I always love talking gear!
Edit: Not opposed to shipping for the right trade.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
I’ve got a soft spot for these rosewood neck custom shops. People say that rosewood necks don’t require a finish...

They haven’t pickup one of these lol.

This would be hard to part with.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’ve got a soft spot for these rosewood neck custom shops. People say that rosewood necks don’t require a finish...

They haven’t pickup one of these lol.

This would be hard to part with.
I have one for them too, a super unique spec that works really, really well! It will be a hard one to part with, sadly you can’t keep them all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts