The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new baby, welcome to the family!
The most gorgeous guitar I've ever owned.

PRS 85 Tribute

Made to the specs of the very first custom 24 that Paul made back in 1985.
Only 12 made in the world! Crafted from the finest hand selected wood library of Paul Reed Smith's private stock.
12 total hand crafted: 6 faded vintage yellow, 5 faded whale blue and one faded teal green.
Mine is number 11 of 12. ( faded whale blue)

The story of this guitar: how it all began...

Just Guitars Australia - PRS Custom 24,

Paul Reed Smith builds some of the finest guitars in the world from the worlds finest selection of exotic woods and alike.

I'm very proud to be the owner of this beauty,
Even came with hand signed back covers signed by Paul Reed Smith himself with his trademark golden ink pen... as well as hand written signature by Paul on the headstock with same pen, every guitar is unique, how cool is that!!?

Exciting day to say the least. look at that book matched flamed top! \m/ and the playability and tone of this thing is next to none! Blown away!
Now 'all I need is a new denim jacket to go with this baby, lol
P.S she just loves having her picture taken...

I've named her "Bluesette"

Attachments

·
Premium Member
18,816 Posts
That is a gorgeous top on that one. I'm a sucker for whale blue - I'm fairly sure that's what we modelled the finish off of for my AJC. The grain on the fretboard is 10/10 - they seem to really step up once you pass the regular series.

I want more PRS guitars, but alas I have other things that come first at the moment. That being said, my backup could use a good going-over haha.

Congrats on your NGD, now go play it!

·
Premium Member
4,168 Posts
I looked a little more closely at the pictures and yes, it is from The Guitar Shop. When I purchased the guitar in store, the owner of the shop told me that PRS himself thought that they were the best CU 24's money could buy. It had to do with the neck blanks - Apparently Paul Smith overruled the necks that had been chosen for this limited run and ended up personally selecting the woods. He explained that for a 24 fretter, it required a more dense and heavier wood. I do recall the guitar having a bit of heft but it wasn't crazy heavy iirc. Guitar Center later did a run of "85 Throwbacks" that included two sets of pickups and may have been influenced by TGS limited run.

In any event, it is a special guitar and i'm sure you will get lots of enjoyment out of it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great guitar. To bring it closer to home, I believe the 85 Tribute limited run came from The Guitar Shop in Mississauga, Ontario. I had a vintage yellow that was really nice which seems to have the same specs as the OP's. IIRC, there were 12 in the run.

Yes you are exactly right, all 12 sent to one of their best dealers, the guitar shop in Mississauga, Ontario, cheers!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That is a gorgeous top on that one. I'm a sucker for whale blue - I'm fairly sure that's what we modelled the finish off of for my AJC. The grain on the fretboard is 10/10 - they seem to really step up once you pass the regular series.

I want more PRS guitars, but alas I have other things that come first at the moment. That being said, my backup could use a good going-over haha.

Congrats on your NGD, now go play it!

Thanks bro! Cheers!

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts
Great guitar. To bring it closer to home, I believe the 85 Tribute limited run came from The Guitar Shop in Mississauga, Ontario. I had a vintage yellow that was really nice which seems to have the same specs as the OP's. IIRC, there were 12 in the run.
I particularly like this one.

The op is very nice. I'm just more of a blinger.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Cool, Your case doesn't have the private stock eagle? Why not?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts