The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Im hoping between our GTA members and their friends, the forum can help my band and I once again.

Long story short, we would really like to move. Our ideal rental space would have the following:

- secure 24/7 access
- industrial area (no noise complaints)
- secure parking for our trailer
- hydro to run our gear
- two separate rooms for up to 3 bands to share
- within Toronto city limits (no more than richmond hill N/ scarborough E).

Any leads would be greatly appreciated!

·
Premium Member
17,617 Posts
I can't help you specifically, but it might be helpful to know your minimum and maximum square foot parameters.

Might also want to consider a washroom ...or access to same.

·
Premium Member
3,210 Posts
The hardest part is going to be secure parking for the trailer - like how secure do you mean? If fenced in or even garage, good luck.

There's a place in Scarborough (Midland and 401 area), but I am not sure it will suit - it's good other than the secure parking. They have ads on kijiji or craigslist (not as sketchy as it seems) but it used to be a somewhat cool venue.

There may also be a room (kinda 2 rooms, a small anteroom and then a larger room behind it) available in the place I am in. The parking is secure (but depends on your definition of that) but you can't leave your trailer there (like store it there - just when you come; unless you secure an agreement with the property manager for that specifically) and backing it in is sometimes tight (depends who else is parked). It can also be really aggravating getting in out on club nights but if you only come on more off hours not a concern. The main upside is pretty cheap rent. Down Cherry street. Lemme know if interested and I can check with the guy if the space is still available and what the deets are (sq footage etc). It used to be a huge unit with a 3rd room, but now that's rented separately. Rent is monthly (no lease) and how many bands share the space is your prerogative.

Reactions: Budda

·
Premium Member
4,303 Posts
Each of you as SOCAN members should get the $350 a year insurance plan for instruments. COVERS $20,000 in damages. If you each got that your whole backline would be covered. No necessary need for special parking.

·
Premium Member
17,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Each of you as SOCAN members should get the $350 a year insurance plan for instruments. COVERS $20,000 in damages. If you each got that your whole backline would be covered. No necessary need for special parking.
The trailer is the expensive thing to replace, its empty unless we are on the road. Also front row insurance is $250 for the same 20k coverage plus extra. Our trailer has been attached to our van all year...

@Granny Gremlin please get in touch and I will bring the info over!

L

·
0 Posts
Invest a few bucks in a vinyl wrap for your trailer to make it
ugly as hell so that no one would want to mess with it? lol.

upload_2018-9-12_13-11-2.png

·
Premium Member
17,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Still looking!

·
Premium Member
17,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bump.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts