The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have about 20 old toy cars pre 80s some a little newer . But as a 27 year old fella I don’t use them nor have I used them in years . About 6 months ago adopted a two year old boy whom has taken a interest in toy cars . I asked his mom if he would like to have some more . A coworker asked about buying some but told her she could just take some for her grand son . So I split in in two groups. This bunch is going to my friend and her two year old
and this bunch is going my coworker .
But im keeping these three . 1979 stutz blackhawk, 1977 police care my cousin gave me when I was around 8 years . And a 1970 greased gremlin . The police car always was my fave . The stutz because Elvis owned two and the gremlin because 1970.
o my old blazer is mia . Might by way I’m Obsessed with old trucks lol. It be nice to see them get some use again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
28,362 Posts
In his book "Babies, and other hazards of sex", humourist Dave Barry presented a budget for raising children to the age of 3. For boys, he budgeted $11,000; $9000 for "small metal cars", and $2000 for everything else.

If I was 57 years younger, I would be SOOOOO jealous of you. I'm reminded of the Seinfeld episode where Jerry is dating a woman who has a collection of vintage toys, most of them the very things he lusted for as a youth and his parents never bought him.

When I was in the single digits, and early double digits, there was a sort of class distinction between Dinky Toys and Corgi Toys, the latter often having more detail, and more moving parts, like hoods and doors that would open. You'd get Dinky Toys, but you really wanted Corgi. And it didn't matter if the paint was chipped.

These days, the shizznazz is those Hot Wheels cars that have cameras and USB jacks, so you can take POV movies of your stunt tracks with the car. A friend and former neighbour adapted one of those to a radio-controlled model airplane so he and his son could take "in flight movies".

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In his book "Babies, and other hazards of sex", humourist Dave Barry presented a budget for raising children to the age of 3. For boys, he budgeted $11,000; $9000 for "small metal cars", and $2000 for everything else.

If I was 57 years younger, I would be SOOOOO jealous of you. I'm reminded of the Seinfeld episode where Jerry is dating a woman who has a collection of vintage toys, most of them the very things he lusted for as a youth and his parents never bought him.

When I was in the single digits, and early double digits, there was a sort of class distinction between Dinky Toys and Corgi Toys, the latter often having more detail, and more moving parts, like hoods and doors that would open. You'd get Dinky Toys, but you really wanted Corgi. And it didn't matter if the paint was chipped.

These days, the shizznazz is those Hot Wheels cars that have cameras and USB jacks, so you can take POV movies of your stunt tracks with the car. A friend and former neighbour adapted one of those to a radio-controlled model airplane so he and his son could take "in flight movies".
The train Is a corgi I do believe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18,597 Posts
I used to work for Lennox and they came out with a metal Lennox truck every year. I used to collect them as they were unique and well made. So were the ones in your collection from what I can see. The days when things were made with metal, not plastic and lasted a lot longer.

Here is a link to some of the Lennox ones that are for sale. Lennox Diecast | eBay

Reactions: silvertonebetty

·
Premium Member
1,505 Posts
Good on you! I have the same situation happening with the larger scale metal cars that I had collected vigorously in earlier years. Every Christmas I donate half a dozen to the local Ronald McDonald House and they hand them out to either sick kids or their siblings.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.