The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

2901 - 2920 of 2953 Posts

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Here is my latest board build. I recently acquired the Preamp MKII and the Dominion Fuzz (#8 Fuzz Face with BC183 silicon: check out @Sabzor 's exceptional work here) and wanted to rebuild the board to include them. Still have a few things to figure out (guitar in, Fuzz Face connections, etc...) but pretty happy with it so far. It sounds great and it's very versatile due to MIDI programming.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Probably my favorite board from this thread. Good job!
Now come the questions...

1- Which pedals were made by you?
2- How do you like the Verumam Screamer, how would you compare to a regular one?
3- Did you build/wire the board yourself?
1- the Fuzz Face and the mini wedge Octavio were both made by me. As well as the cable box underneath and the patch bay on the side.
2 - the TSV808 is pretty incredible for what it is. Tons of volume. It’s funny though because at times, it’s almost too good and I find myself wanting the lower volume/more nasally tons of an original.
3 - Yep, all wiring/cables/power cables/etc. Was all done by me

·
Premium Member
2,467 Posts
Vemuram pedals are killer if you can get past the prices...I have both the Jan Ray and ODS-1 now and they’re both excellent

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Latest version of my big board. Tried some overdrives lately, and I really like the Morning Glory as my light OD. The Friedman Golden Pearl sounds great to boost the Drive channel of my Fillmore into "high-gain". The EQ section works great IMO. I also added the .45 Caliber in the same loop as the Fuzz Face. I used to stack the FF with the KTR, but the .45 has more character, and sounds closer to the Jimi sound. They sound great together.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Latest version of my big board. Tried some overdrives lately, and I really like the Morning Glory as my light OD. The Friedman Golden Pearl sounds great to boost the Drive channel of my Fillmore into "high-gain". The EQ section works great IMO. I also added the .45 Caliber in the same loop as the Fuzz Face. I used to stack the FF with the KTR, but the .45 has more character, and sounds closer to the Jimi sound. They sound great together.

I just discovered the same thing after purchasing a Mad Professor Loud n' Proud. Plexi/fuzz type of pedal. Should have been obvious to try this combo but.......

·
Registered
125 Posts
Been a while since I posted.

Prince of Tone added today - early birthday present to myself. Early experiences are all positive!

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
I just discovered the same thing after purchasing a Mad Professor Loud n' Proud. Plexi/fuzz type of pedal. Should have been obvious to try this combo but.......
This pedal has my interest since it came out, but I already have some great Fuzz Faces, so no real need for it. I used to stack my fuzzes with a Dirty Little Secret before the Klon, which was cool, but I think that the .45 sounds way better, and fuller in a way.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
This pedal has my interest since it came out, but I already have some great Fuzz Faces, so no real need for it. I used to stack my fuzzes with a Dirty Little Secret before the Klon, which was cool, but I think that the .45 sounds way better, and fuller in a way.
The fuzz side has a switch to make it a straight boost. An order switch would have made this pedal even better. That .45 ounds great I the vids I've heard. I gotta stop somewhere though. LOL. Have the Marvel Drive 3 and LA Grange as well.

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Here is the latest version of my nano-board that I will be taking to jams when they are back. Power comes from PT Volto and although it's not isolated, I don't see it as a problem and I don't have to worry about extension cords.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Nice! How do you like the magma 57?
I think it sounds gorgeous. The overdrive and vibrato mesh in a very organic way. Not that I never go over the top, but I love pedals that can deliver really subtle mojo as well... a little bit of this can add some complexity to your tone that you can't necessarily put your finger on. And when you crank it it just oozes delicious filth.

2901 - 2920 of 2953 Posts