The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

2781 - 2800 of 2832 Posts

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
I've been messing with a Wet/Dry setup for a bit and liking what I'm hearing. Blackstar is Wet, BJ is Dry. Comp, Phaser, and drives are dry which go to both amps. The Delay and Reverb go to Blackstar.

Edit: I have to add that the always on LED on the MXR drives me nuts. I'm going to do a test to see if it's contributing to the tone. Pretty sure it is.

·
Registered
11,031 Posts
I've been messing with a Wet/Dry setup for a bit and liking what I'm hearing. Blackstar is Wet, BJ is Dry. Comp, Phaser, and drives are dry which go to both amps. The Delay and Reverb go to Blackstar.

Edit: I have to add that the always on LED on the MXR drives me nuts. I'm going to do a test to see if it's contributing to the tone. Pretty sure it is.

you using the Radial aby? How do you like it?

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
you using the Radial any? How do you like it?
Yup. Using it as the 2 way from dirt to amp and "post to the " time based to 1 amp. ISO "on" and polarity at 180° for the 2 amps. It's quiet, totally analogue, doesn't require power, though I give it some so I know what the LEDs are saying. The stereo reverb is perfect when I want a stereo setup as well. It's a wall of sound for the room. As you can see.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Indeed, it was a Fisher PR-6. After modifications, I originally used it as a preamp for testing driver and output stages of instrument amps. I now use it mainly as an OD unit.
Initially, I tried it with small signal pentodes, then reconfigured to twin triode types. Presently, I have a 6SL7 in it.

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
I made a few changes to mine.

I had a MXR badass modified OD on and really liked it for what I was doing. Then I picked up this Carl Martin Drive N Boost and whoa..really kicked things up a notch. Now I got to fit it in.

5377B28D-EEE4-47A8-B5D8-97E2DA22CB8B.jpeg

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
So damn overkill and messy right now with the plethora of changes being on lockdown has brought. Thinking of selling the Analogman stuff (minus the modded Maxon 'screamer) for more amp variety.

IMG_20200523_154836.jpg

2781 - 2800 of 2832 Posts