The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just purchased one and it's sounds amazing with my `88 Les Paul Standard and Mesa Boogie Mk 1 Reissue combo. I'm not sure if it's a 100% analog pedal or if there's some digital mojo going on there but I've been looking for something like this for years.

Anybody out there have any inside info on this amazing little wonder.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
No real magic or secrets here, just your typical OD pedal. It is a good pedal though: proves you don't need boutique to get a quality pedal.

TG

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I scored one for a really good price on Ebay a while ago and have used it ever since. Basically like a Tube Screamer but a bit of extra on the EQ settings. It's a good pedal, well built, not noisy and some great tones...

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
noobcake said:
+1 I love my Bad Monkey, built as tough as a Boss, inexpensive and sounds great. It's all analog by the way. Definitely a good alternative to a TS or SD-1, I personally like the Bad Monkey alot more than the SD-1.
I was going to post asking about a comparison... they're both in the same price range if I'm not mistaken. I just need it for a little boost when soloing, I've already got a MXR Wylde Overdrive to push them tubes (great pedal)... maybe I should just use the EQ pedal I've got laying around.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts