The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which one is the real JBL D120F?

First person to answer correct with an explanation of why you think that gets a prize (nothing crazy.... still figuring out what that would be... will post later when I figure that out) and smug self-satisfaction. Sorry but @HonkyBach is not eligible due to insider knowledge.

I'll give it a week before I post the answer (even if there is already a winner): GO!

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
I don't want to hijack this contest, but I am happy you all are honing your speaker identification skills, because I have a real identification requirement, no contest :). I'll wait until everyone is ready ...

·
Premium Member
3,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I have a choice of SIT Powerwounnd 11-50 (both p and w 3rd) or Dean Markley Sig Series Vintage Bronze Acoustic ML (12-54) as the prize.

·
Registered
15,698 Posts
I have no clue...

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
wild ass guess, but I will say LEFT

the cork on the right one looks too new

also the speaker wire glue looks too sloppy to be original, they are quite far into the cone area

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
Ok, I'll throw my hat in the rink. Left, like everyone says, but because of the shape, spacing, height, and colour of the speaker cone surround accordion.

(Update: hm, @keithb7 seems to have already said essentially the same thing way ahead of me).

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Right. Had the new cork on the gasket, but the dust is still in the paper ridges.
Also has the 2 glue "teardrops" are bigger.

Sent from my other brain.

·
Premium Member
12,979 Posts
The amount of glue around the dustcap of the right one makes me guess .......

........left.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
A pair of my JBL's just to make it interesting. I won't say anything about them. Just for comparison. Will also reveal at the "big reveal event".

·
Premium Member
3,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Are those smooth cones? I know it often doesn't show up in pics (especially with old dirty/faded cones) - but both of the ones in the OP are stippled (micro-textured). Yours look so clean, but certain things are so original-looking - are they recent recones or just really well-kept? (You can answer later... though since we have at least one person giving each of 2 possible answers already there must already be a winner ;-) ).

Even the pleebs should be able to figure it out now.

·
Registered
18,584 Posts
I'm guessing with the right side of my brain so I say left. (Because of the ribbing on the cone.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Are those smooth cones? I know it often doesn't show up in pics (especially with old dirty/faded cones) - but both of the ones in the OP are stippled (micro-textured). Yours look so clean, but certain things are so original-looking - are they recent recones or just really well-kept? (You can answer later... though since we have at least one person giving each of 2 possible answers already there must already be a winner ;-) ).

Even the pleebs should be able to figure it out now.
Granny, the answers to your and many other questions may be answered after the big revelation of the original contest. Who's the big weiner who correctly answered, first?

I just re-read post 1, we must wait 6 more days... Then the answer and winner will be awarded.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts