The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

161 - 180 of 255 Posts

·
Registered
12,364 Posts
I still have the car stereo battle with my wife.
You jogged my memory...there was a bar near my Uni that had a karaoke night with cheap beer and wings (whatever happened to $0.10 wings?). One night, it was being run by a really cute redheaded gal...but she really caught my attention when she opened up the night by singing this song:

another one Im surprised has been overlooked here:
That whole Divinyls album was good.
That was the only CD of mine the Ex requested when we spit up.

·
Premium Member
10,915 Posts
So much nostalgia....the 90s were better than I remembered them.
I remember this one from staying over at a friends cottage at Balm Beach with a bunch of other people, and him cranking this song like reveille at 8am after a night of hard drinking.
the barking dogs still ring in my ear.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Not really sure how this is Live, but it says "93", so I'm posting it!!! Originally released in 1988, but I didn't get into them till 92/93, so they are "90's" to me!

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
I gotta give a shout out for Good Riddance

one of the best 90’s bands still going strong with original lineup

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Not sure how many of you would have had the chance to hear these guys. They put one album out in 1991. Absolutely killer. Whole album is up on YouTube. Little bit of everything, ska, rock, funk, soul etc.

Follow For Now

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
Some time around then, I got a cassette from somebody as a gift. Forget who, but they weren't familiar with my tastes lets say. It was Mr. Big. No offence to any fans, but not my thing at all.
So I decided I'd give it a listen anyway. Took off the wrap as it was brand new.
Turns out the actual tape packed in the shell was Helmet Meantime.
What a glorious day.
I think I still have it somewhere. I should drop it off at the Thrift Shop and change someones life. :D

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Some time around then, I got a cassette from somebody as a gift. Forget who, but they weren't familiar with my tastes lets say. It was Mr. Big. No offence to any fans, but not my thing at all.
So I decided I'd give it a listen anyway. Took off the wrap as it was brand new.
Turns out the actual tape packed in the shell was Helmet Meantime.
What a glorious day.
I think I still have it somewhere. I should drop it off at the Thrift Shop and change someones life. :D
great memory jb thanks for sharing. 👍🏼 I first heard it on Much music late one night. 🤯

161 - 180 of 255 Posts