1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
2,082 Posts
Saw that posted earlier today. Interesting that the closeup pic of the fretboard shows nibs BUT also shows block inlays. Something off there.

·
Premium Member
16,548 Posts
Actually the close up of the fretboard has different binding on the body than in the rest of the pics.

It looks like a totally fabricated picture.

It could be legit, but I wouldn't touch it.

Ad reported (probably numerous times now).

·
Premium Member
16,548 Posts
I sent this question to the seller:

Why is the close up of the fretboard showing a different neck than the rest of the pictures?

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
The close up is also not a gold top. Definitely more yellow. That's the first thing I noticed. The fret ends look painted?? They also look like ad pictures from various sites. Too "professional" for a sub $1000 guitar on kijiji.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
If it said "will sleep with you for discount"...........then it'd be mine.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
That is a photo from a musicians friend private reserve video. That guy has been selling fakes for years on kijiji , he sold customs, 52 teles and now this...don’t know if anyone is buying

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
I messaged the seller and got a weird reply about Korean guitar manufacturing

"from 2006 to 2009 the south korea made expensive relics of the old Gibson models where the quality was much better compared to the american ones after the year 2000 Five models were produced which sold for between 1699.00 USD & 2599.00 USD sold mainly on Ebay or even said that it would have been produced at the former Epiphone Gibson factory in South Korea before the factory closed for good. "

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Dumb move on his part...his asking price sends up the first flags.
Just looked at the advert again , headstock shots have been added.
Different shots show different inlays.
Notice the pickup selector position in the white background shots compared to the others, you nailed it Verne.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts