The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, there is the titanium zero nut, the volute, the contoured heel, the robot tuners, the pc board. stuff that is what i would call an attempt to allow the guitar to benefit from some more modern tech, and in some cases, old tech to improve the design. stuff you wouldn't find on a les paul 30-40 yrs ago. maybe you might even include weight relief?
i am just wondering how many folks like these changes. i know some don't. some want things done the old school way. there are models for that, i know.

me personally, i like the idea that they are trying new things. maybe their execution isn't always ideal, sometimes they try things that make you scratch your head, like the new thing they did with the on board overdrive. but some things do work pretty well. the pc board is a pita for me because i am not capable of de soldering and re soldering a pot without damaging it. but it works pretty well. some even have little switched inside for even more tonal possibilities. that's kinda cool.
what is your opinion?

·
Registered
11,036 Posts
Most of those changes make me think of the 2015 models and I gotta say that I didn't like the neck on any of the ones I played. The thing that drove me up the wall though was the signature across the headstock.

·
Registered
12,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
only semi-related, but i REALLY like the new "blood orange" finish on the 2018s

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
People with money are old geezers that want it the old fashioned way; companies need to appeal to that crowd

Splitting their lineup with the T and HP variations is a great idea IMO

Reactions: Dorian2

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I was under the impression that the 2015 models were pretty much a dismal failure. Haven't they dropped most of these changes?

·
Registered
12,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was under the impression that the 2015 models were pretty much a dismal failure. Haven't they dropped most of these changes?
afaik, they ditched the wide neck, and changed the zero nut from brass to titanium.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts