The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a new guitar arrived for me today, equiped with a Badass. I didn't know they existed.
With tension on the strings (tuned) the bridge sits at about a 10 degree angle because it is slightly loose fitting in the mounting bolts, is this normal? Help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
I think it's pretty normal to see those bridges tipped a bit, I don't think it's of any real concern.
They've been a pretty standard upgrade bridge since the '70s I think.
Sorry I haven't used the new fine tuner.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It seems as though you are right about the tilt being a normal thing. TonePros came out with a Locking Stud (the top screws down into the slug - acting like two mini vices to hold the bridge in place). I'm only concerned because when using the fine tuners, the string is anchored further back and is almost level with the saddles, due to the tilt.

I tried to adjust the bridge forward and snapped one of the screws. It's seized in the bridge. It is kind of beat up overall so I'm going to replace it. Thanks for the reply dwagar.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
I replaced the one in my '60 MM with a Pigtail intonatable and the Pigtail studs. I think it was a worthwhile upgrade from the Badass.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts