The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
15,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The band will reunite for a oneoff show at London's O2 Arena.

More...

Robert Plant, Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones will regroup as Led Zeppelin for a special one night only performance November 26 at The O2 in London as part of a tribute to Atlantic Records co-founder Ahmet Ertegun.
Filling the seat behind the drum kit will be Jason Bonham, son of the band's original drummer, the late John Bonham.
Also on the bill for the evening are The Who's Pete Townshend, ex-Rolling Stone Bill Wyman, Foreigner and Paolo Nutini.
Tickets for the show, which are £125 ($254), go on sale today and will be allocated by means of a lottery system through www.ahmettribute.com.
Proceeds from the show will benefit the Ahmet Ertegun Education Fund, an organization which provides scholarships to universities in the U.S., U.K. and Turkey, Ertegun's birthplace.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Im assuming they will be selling this concert on dvd in the future

I know chances of any of us actually seeing them is nil but im hoping they sell this live concert on dvd in the near future after it. I would buy it just to see how good them guys will sound together today.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hey thats excellent news....GC
I wish I could see the show....
They kinda owe it to their fan base to do a tour instead of a one nighter,,,
in my opinion.....
or at least play a Canadian date...anyone else agree?????lol

Auger

·
Premium Member
13,062 Posts
Maybe at the Pontypool Curling Emporium or somethng. :D

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
I know chances of any of us actually seeing them is nil but im hoping they sell this live concert on dvd in the near future after it. I would buy it just to see how good them guys will sound together today.
...from what i have seen and heard, page is beyond burnt. he would have to completely re-learn his instrument. could be done, i suppose, but i have it on pretty good authority that his brain is fried.

i hope i'm wrong. page, and zep, were huge influences for me. we practically worshipped every note they played and sang, back in the day.

if there's a dvd, i'm in.

-dh

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
News Flash

Check it out

http://www.guitarworld.com/article/zeppelin_confirm_reunion_concert

As for Page being fried.....absolutely. I watched a few old interviews of Page and Plant and compared them to the more recent ones on the Unledded DVD - Jimmy Page kinda sounds like Ozzy Osbourne now. Plant still sounds the same and perfectly articulate. Hope that Page had a lot of fun getting stoned in his younger days cause I don't think he has a clue about what's going on today.

I hope he can still play. Zep Rules

1 - 6 of 6 Posts