The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,041 Posts
I will believe it when concert dates are confirmed,... just like VH, though I admit to being FAR MORE interested in Zep than VH.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Led Zep would be cool! Robert would have to get new teeth for sure:D

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
To me it's just not Zep without Bonzo but the biggest problem with other drummers is the drum sound. You need BIG drums with a ton of ring but none of the fill ins have used this sound.

Also, Plant simply cannot sing those old tunes anymore; his voice has changed too much and he doesn't have the upper range.

There is no way they will be able to live up to the hype; I hope they don't do it.

TG

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
To me it's just not Zep without Bonzo but the biggest problem with other drummers is the drum sound. You need BIG drums with a ton of ring but none of the fill ins have used this sound.

Also, Plant simply cannot sing those old tunes anymore; his voice has changed too much and he doesn't have the upper range.

There is no way they will be able to live up to the hype; I hope they don't do it.

TG
True. His voice as changed quite a bit.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
it should be Dave Grohl on drums. Jason is alright but I find his playing lacks personality.
Well, I was thinking that Jason could learn to play like his dad. That's what Dweezil Zappa is doing in his Zappa plays Zappa tour.

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
...the real problem here is jimmy page. he is totally burnt out, and hasn't been able to play guitar for decades. with enough commitment, and enough rehearsing and woodshedding, he might be able to re-learn the instrument, but from what i understand, his brain is completely fried.

-dh

·
Registered
597 Posts
I think a full scale Zep world tour would have potential to break records in terms of revenue. Maybe those guys don't need the money but imagine the pressure from all the business stakeholders. We're talking many hundreds of millions of dollars. I bet the tour will happen.

·
Premium Member
13,041 Posts
...the real problem here is jimmy page. he is totally burnt out, and hasn't been able to play guitar for decades. with enough commitment, and enough rehearsing and woodshedding, he might be able to re-learn the instrument, but from what i understand, his brain is completely fried.

-dh
I admit I haven't paid that much attention to Post Zep Jimmy, so this is something that is new to me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts