The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any preferred brands ? or brands to ignore ?
Got 6 years out of the one that came in my Husqvarna mower.

6 out of the next would be good too.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Any preferred brands ? or brands to ignore ?
Got 6 years out of the one that came in my Husqvarna mower.

6 out of the next would be good too.
I'd just buy and old car battery lol cheaper than $70 for a bat . May not start a car but surely will turn over a lawnmower. I had an old tractor trailer battery in my old Ford lawnmower

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,150 Posts
6 years is exceptional for a lawn tractor battery. Most people I know end up replacing them ever second year.

Interstate is about the best, but also more expensive. Costco is the least expensive.

·
Premium Member
3,298 Posts
I bought mine at Costco and it's much better than the John Deere battery that came with my mower. More power and still going strong after 3 or 4 years. I do take it out in the fall after I've mulched my leaves and put it in the basement on a board, not on the concrete.

·
Registered
18,585 Posts
I think most batteries are made by one or two companies and rebranded for different stores/lines.

I had a problem with my new John Deere (I think it was my own fault) and the service guy thought it may be the battery. He said the original ones were not that great and to not expect it to last. When it goes, I'll get one at Costco.

Just make sure you bring it inside in the winter if you're not using it and keep it charged. It will last a lot longer by doing that.

Reactions: silvertonebetty
1 - 5 of 5 Posts