The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
There are people who believe Fender guitars made from 1987 to 1995 will never become collector guitars.
I'm sure Xhefri would disagree.
I'm not entirely sure where I stand myself as I have mixed feelings.
I also do not know for certain if it applies to any re-issue models from then as I have not encountered any from that time.
In those years and in the years that followed there was much debate and heated disagreement about two things common to most of the Fender guitars made in that era.
Lace Sensor pickups and swimming pool routs.
The debates have cooled off over time but there are still a great many who very strongly disapprove of both and I suspect that even if guitars from that era do eventually gain some measure of collectability there will still be some amount of stigma attached to them which will keep their value down from other collectables.

It has always been my opinion that a guitar is a tool.
I don't see my guitars as financial investments but rather as investments in my musical endeavours.
If you like it and if it works for you, buy it but try not to count on it as a source of retirement income.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
By the way, I just noticed your location.
I live in Alberta but I grew up in Kimberley and spent a few years in Cranny in my early 20s.
Fair neat, eh?

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi ya the Kootenays are great, a bit of snow today. This area is getting busier, back then it sure was quiet.

Speaking of financial investments my friend wants to sell his music/2nd hand store. Its not a big money maker. I dunno.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
He was trying to close for a number of years even from back when he was up in Marysville.
I rented some P/A gear from him one time for a little gig in Kimberley in 2012 and he said he'd been trying to close for a few years already at that time.
Couple years later I saw he was in Cranny on Baker.
At least I think it was Baker.
Guess he finally sold off enough of his inventory if he's closed now.
Good guy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.