The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Part-time pedal builder
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I got this idea from some folks at the *other* guitar forum, and really like it. In an effort to raise some more awareness about Southampton Pedals, I'd like to organize a pedal tour for CGF forum members. The basic premise is that we will ship out a box with four of our pedals, a user can play them for a week, and then that person ships it off to the next person in line.

A few details:
  1. Only open to supporting members with a good forum rating
  2. Each user only pays shipping to the next person - but must ship the package insured for actual value
  3. Each user has to write a small review about the pedals (thanks @bigboki!)
Anyone who's interested can just reply to this thread and once we have enough people I'll get it started.

Thanks!
Hamish

·
Premium Member
3,286 Posts
Sounds good Hamish, count me in. I've been meaning to give the Fifth Gear a whirl and A/B the big box Imposter with my own.

"Best mediocre guitarist in Calgary!"

Reactions: SouthamptonPdls

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
I've done it for other companies on the 'other' forum, and I would love to do it again here in Canada.

Just a suggestion: have the box ship incrementally east to west so no single user has to pay an exorbitant shipping fee.

TG

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
I've done it for other companies on the 'other' forum, and I would love to do it again here in Canada.

Just a suggestion: have the box ship incrementally east to west so no single user has to pay an exorbitant shipping fee.

TG
Why not west to east? I think @Chitmo is just slightly East of me, so I'll deliver it in person and let him do the shipping ;)

·
Premium Member
8,551 Posts
If you think they'd work for bass, I'd be happy to add that angle to the review process. Also, I can imagine a scenario where several local guys get together and try them out (on guitar).

·
Part-time pedal builder
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If you think they'd work for bass, I'd be happy to add that angle to the review process. Also, I can imagine a scenario where several local guys get together and try them out (on guitar).
Absolutely! My partner is a bassist and all our pedals are designed to work equally well on either. Our Fifth Gear has about 80% of its sales from TalkBass members.

·
Part-time pedal builder
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Count me in, awesome idea! But just a question, am I going to receive four pedals and give them an honest test drive with a review in a week? Seems a lot. I mean I'm not complaining, just asking.
That's what I was thinking, but it can be longer. Not looking for a long review either, just a few thoughts.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts