The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A guy has a Laney VC30212 for sale...said he would let it go for 300 bucks to me. only problem he said he is having with it when he plays it at high volume then comes down it has like a staticy sound coming from the speakers.... what could it be? I mean I dont think it is anything serious myself I hardly know anything about amp technicly lol

let me know what you think it is

Thanks a ton!
Daniel

P.s....says he has replaced some of the pre amps tubes but not the powers.....could that be it maybe?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I had the same problem with a Traynor YCV 80, it seems to me that someone had mentioned that some input/output jack had some kind of looser connection that wouldn't react until the amp reached a certain volume then the amp would squeal/static buzz horribly. So I guess check your connections that they are in full contact, Planet Waves are good cables with the expanded jack ends to make sure its a good contact. Also I think tubes can make certain noises in certain amps when they are on their way out. Just trying to help. I hope you can fix your problem, g'luck

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I was thinking that myself or the guy who still owns it has a bum guitar chord or something. I havnt bought it yet and I also cant try it out for myself...but it doesnt seem like a big problem at all. Ill letcha know if I buy it and if that fixes it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts