The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this much maligned film on Friday night. I LOVED it !!!!
I am a fan of M. Night Shyamalan's. I like his sensability of putting everyday ordinary people with/in crisis in extraordinary circumstances. And the biggest resolution of each film is not, whether the alien, or the monster or the super villan is overcome. It is whether the hero(s) have worked through their issues in an extremely cathartic circumstance. His films are all shot creatively and keep you just slightly off balance. The camera is liken to a dog's nose, always going first and sometimes getting bit.
This film is NOT a horror flick as some were expecting (although I don't know why). I found it engaging and wanted to know more about all of residents of The Cove. I found the acting natural and not forced at all. I loved the fact that the characters were sometimes in shadow while they would talk and not "Lit" in the Hollywood fashion. Very natural and Organic feeling. A very emotional ending that made me a little unstable leaving the theatre.

SPOILER ALERT !!!! Don't read on if you don't want to know.

While this film has been widely panned in the press. I think I may know why. There is a character in the film (a film critic) that is the only self-absorbed, ******* in the film. And he is the only one that gets EATEN !!!!
I know it's not subtle, but good for Mr. S for putting it in.

At any rate a good evening of reasonably adult entertainment in this summer of crap. Highly recommended.

Pete

P.S. ÷13 siteing in this film too. Very cool

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
hmm. I think M. Night is the worst thing to happen to the horror genre in a long time. The Village, total waste of my time and money.:mad:

But every man has his own opinion. Glad you liked it:food-smiley-004:

I say POTC2 a couple days ago, and I thouroughly enjoyed it. It was alot better than I expected.
:rockon:

·
Registered
137 Posts
I thought it was interesting, though it ended kind of suddenly.

While this film has been widely panned in the press. I think I may know why. There is a character in the film (a film critic) that is the only self-absorbed, ******* in the film. And he is the only one that gets EATEN !!!!
I know it's not subtle, but good for Mr. S for putting it in.
That's funny if that's their reason for not liking it. I hate movie critics too, BTW.

·
Premium Member
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Xanadu said:
hmm. I think M. Night is the worst thing to happen to the horror genre in a long time.

:rockon:

Geez I've never seen a M.Night movie in the horror genre. Can you name one ? The Village sure wasn't a horror movie, nor was it advertised as such. Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, not horror. Signs, not horror, prehaps Si-Fi. And this one actually says in the print ad "fairy tale".
Maybe you would classify Adam Sandler films as adult contemporary then.:D

Cheers
Pete

1 - 4 of 4 Posts