The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
I say its the OP`s fault 100 %

I mean, why should he expect to get individually boxed speakers when buying new speakers here in Canada... Cmon... we all know you can only expect that when ordering from the U.S. or from China !
Here, just throw them in a paper bag...

The OP is lucky, they broke in the speakers for him... a good ... lets see, Montreal to TO... a good 6 hrs broken in !!! Hell, they should of charged him more...

And the OP`s WTF... I mean that is not Canadian at all... don't complain, bend over and say thank you... you might even get a free trip from the WE foundation.

Plus he`s a retail customer, we all know retail customers all always wrong and are real assholes...

What's with all his spelling mistakes !!! Hey ? Speak and write Canadian for fuck sakes... do you really believe your in a bilingual country you idiot ? hey!

Plus look at his nick... I mean what's the 99 for... 99% idiot for stating an idiot is an idiot for doing an idiot packing job...

I hate these french guys that expect quality service Hey !
Oh I don't know if he's that bad. Maybe a bit of an entitled asshole. After all it sounds like he yelled at everyone except the moron that packed his speakers.

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
You are not so relevant that you can hurt anyone and it wasn't me that you referred to as a dirtbag but there is an element of bigotry to you and I'm not the only one who has called you on it. Your fallback is always that someone might have their feelings hurt by what you said but that is just your own hubris; you are just words on a message board and something to laugh at but I doubt that anyone much cares. Maybe stick to gear posts, cooking and building speaker cabinets.

·
Registered
11,031 Posts
I get the feeling you've taken something very personally that wasn't even directed at you.

a few things to consider, ...if it is a closed forum, maybe keep it that way? why are you bringing it up here? those of us that signed up for it knew what we were getting into, dragging things out for the public is like talking about fight club. if the person I've called a dirtbag doesn't seem to mind, why do you? besides, they have called people a lot worse and far more often and I don't see you coming to anyone else's rescue. I'm not saying hang up the white hat just yet, just be fair. Besides, I was right. Lastly, quit making it personal, seeing you pop up on my feeds outside of this place is starting to get creepy and probably wouldn't be acceptable behaviour in the closed forum or not.

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
... seeing you pop up on my feeds outside of this place
Not sure what you’re getting at regarding your feeds outside of this place; if someone is coming for you it’s not me. You might want to look elsewhere if you’re having problems in that regard.

As for personal; not at all.

·
Registered
11,031 Posts
Not sure what you’re getting at regarding your feeds outside of this place; if someone is coming for you it’s not me. You might want to look elsewhere if you’re having problems in that regard.

As for personal; not at all.
good, as long as it ain’t personal...

·
Registered
11,031 Posts
And maybe you should keep that in mind when you are referring to people as dirtbags because you know that they have you on ignore and won’t see your post.
weird that they reply though, hey? anyways. you're making it awkward, let it go

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
it’s important to stick together
That's why they put them in the box back to front. If they had packed them back to back, the magnets will try to push away from each other.

·
Super Moderator
15,756 Posts
Oh I don't know if he's that bad. Maybe a bit of an entitled asshole. After all it sounds like he yelled at everyone except the moron that packed his speakers.
You may have missed a whole bunch of sarcasm in @Frenchy 's post. Or possibly I'm reading something into it that isn't there :)

·
Premium Member
11,626 Posts
You may have missed a whole bunch of sarcasm in @Frenchy 's post. Or possibly I'm reading something into it that isn't there :)
As Archer would say, "I know, right?"

I suspect a lot of people here also fell for the Colbert Report, hook line and sinker. Critical thought is such a cool superpower, but so rare.

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
Having known a few frenchies you guys can get pretty aroused/excited/animated in a common conversation. It can sound much like yelling to unknowing anglos. So being told to calm down when you were pissed/annoyed/inconvenienced might not have been out of question. Not being there I can't say for sure but judging by the reaction here you still come off as agitated.

The packer clearly fucked up. The guys at the local L&M should and did side with you on this incident. And they rectified it by either replacement or refund. Name calling and raising your voice (not a dig, lots quebecers do this without notice) at the local store is why you were told to calm down. Other customers may have been looking your way and the 4th guy wanted to keep a calm vibe in the store.

The local pizza joint screwed up our last order; pepperoni and pineapple on half and pepperoni and olives on the other half. We got pepperoni on half and pepperoni, pineapple and olives on the other half. I called and calmly spoke to them and told them what was wrong with our order. I had a few pops in me so through out a few big lobowski references "this will not stand....man" but was clearly all in jest.

I didn't do it to get free pizza or anything but just to let them know they screwed up (and some ppl, me, feel very strongly against pineapple on pizza) so they could fix the procedure (read the order back to make sure its correct). Yes I was annoyed but as the saying goes you catch more flies with honey. Got a free tray with 2 toppings next order.

It's not about what happened but how it was dealt with.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts