The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

Registered
Man I`m pissed...

I ordered some 15 inch speakers, 2 of them to try them out :

Celestion15 Inch 8 Ohm 300 Watt Program Raw Speaker

They are on special so what the hell.

My order arrived, so went to pick it up. the speakers came in one box !?! that was odd... so opened the box to inspect the speaker. the speaker was wrapped in bubble wrap with the front towards the top of the box , the first speaker looked fine but then I look inside the box.

:eek: The second speaker was in the same position !!! so the top speakers magnet was on top of the second baffle... 馃槚 you know... like ice cream cone pile up...

They piled up the speakers to ship from TO to Montreal !!! What a bunch of morons ... 馃が

I was surprised the bottom speaker was not ripped to shred from the sheer weight of the magnet

I mean what is L&M business ??? they dont even know how to ship speakers... !!!

I am very vocal and spoke out... was told not to overreact and to calm down...:oops::oops: :oops: !!! I was then advised that I had 30 days return policy and they were guaranteed ... :oops:

I got refunded since I had paid online...

Any of you guy`s would have taken the order ??? :oops:

So after my little rant...

My Question to you, Mickey Mouse 馃惌outfit or Bozo the Clown ? ...馃ぁ

馃が馃が馃が

So one person making a mistake means that the entire business is responsible?

Registered
However, as a former retail worker for many years in a number of different settings, telling a customer to calm down is a last resort that isn鈥檛 whipped out when someone simply makes a frank statement. It鈥檚 not done lightly.

Exactly. When I hear that someone had to be told to calm down I think of a customer that is yelling and is about 30 seconds from having the police called if in person or hung up on if on the phone.

Registered
Discussion Starter #26
Wow.... i didnt scream or nothing. Just stated that the packer was a fucking moron. I was insulted that the clerck asked me to calm down when the 3 other employees there coulnd beleive the packing job themselves...

The clerck that asked to calm down actually took pictures of the packing to send at the head office once he calmed down...

I get a fucked up package . I get insulted and you guys portray me as an asshole...

Wonderfull bunch here...

You guys all work in the shipping dept of L&M or what ???

Premium Member
I could almost see the veins popping out of your head as you typed that...with the hastily typed misspelled words etc.

I鈥檓 sure you were perfectly calm and respectful on the phone too.

Lol

Premium Member
Perhaps it would be more helpful and productive for everyone here if you told us what you expected from the store when this occurred. Obviously how they handled the situation wasn鈥檛 to your satisfaction.

You said the clerk took pictures of the packaging job surely to escalate and ensure the packager receives additional training in this area. Did they charge you a restocking fee when you returned? Did you try the speakers? How did they sound?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter #29
Perhaps it would be more helpful and productive for everyone here if you told us what you expected from the store when this occurred. Obviously how they handled the situation wasn鈥檛 to your satisfaction.

You said the clerk took pictures of the packaging job surely to escalate and ensure the packager receives additional training in this area. Did they charge you a restocking fee when you returned? Did you try the speakers? How did they sound?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The conversation was OK with the first 3 clerks that were at the back pick up counter ... After I stated the obvious that the shipper was an Idiot. Was asking them if they thought the speaker were OK. Everything heated up when the 4 th clerk just sowed up and told me to calm down.

We were all amazed on the amazing packing job at this point, yes Im expressive but was in no way screaming or giving anyone shit. One clerk told me the speaker should be fine. Another told me to try them at home. Another told me that I had 30 days to return them...

No one offered to get me another pair.

Personally, did not want to get stuck with bad speakers if I did not get a chance to bring them back within 30 days. I bought 18 speakers from them in the last 2 years, this was the first time I got speakers that were not in the proper box.

Registered
If you get two speakers jammed on top each you have a right to a few WTFs and being told that you can bring them back in 30 days ain鈥檛 much of an answer.

I only buy new in the box from L&M because, while their 30 day return is cool an all that, nevertheless you don鈥檛 want to get stuck with something that鈥檚 been on the merry go round for a year or two and then ends up on sale.

Premium Member
You guys all work in the shipping dept of L&M or what ???
I do. (Have, currently at home looking after my family) Looks like you got Kenny the work experience kid to pack your speakers.
Also, there would have been a packing slip inside, telling you who exactly packed your speakers.

Registered
My experience with Long & McQuade is that they're consummate professionals and bend over backwards to treat their customers right. What happened in this case is the exception rather than the rule. And, quite honestly, after hearing the horror stories from people south of the border dealing with Guitar Center stores, I think we're lucky to have L & M in Canada.

Registered
My experience with Long & McQuade is that they're consummate professionals and bend over backwards to treat their customers right. What happened in this case is the exception rather than the rule. And, quite honestly, after hearing the horror stories from people south of the border dealing with Guitar Center stores, I think we're lucky to have L & M in Canada.
agreed, and the OP probably could have handled himself better

Registered
The conversation was OK with the first 3 clerks that were at the back pick up counter ... After I stated the obvious that the shipper was an Idiot. Was asking them if they thought the speaker were OK. Everything heated up when the 4 th clerk just sowed up and told me to calm down.

We were all amazed on the amazing packing job at this point, yes Im expressive but was in no way screaming or giving anyone shit. One clerk told me the speaker should be fine. Another told me to try them at home. Another told me that I had 30 days to return them...

No one offered to get me another pair.

Personally, did not want to get stuck with bad speakers if I did not get a chance to bring them back within 30 days. I bought 18 speakers from them in the last 2 years, this was the first time I got speakers that were not in the proper box.
With all your "you fucking morons" and "shipper was an idiot", I'm not surprised you didn't get much help. I find that being nice and communicating exactly what it is you would like done goes a lot farther in "getting what you want". Did you tell them nicely that you'd feel more comfortable with new speakers that are packed properly? You could have simply got your refund and reordered speakers from them on your own. I mean you experience one issue "rant, rave and boohoo" about your experience rather than spend anytime getting the issue resolved to your satisfaction.
If it happened a second time then maybe theres a problem but a one time issue is not something you can judge on. I deal with vendors all the time in my personal life and through work. I am in the IT department at my company and am responsible for ordering all network hardware and procuring other services. I expect there to be problems from time to time with defective hardware, etc. Where I judge and what has the most value to me is how a particular company deals with resolving the issue. I'd rather deal with a company that screws up from time to time yet bends over backwards to compensate\make it right rather than deal with a company that almost never screws up but when they do fails to rectify the situation satisfactorily.

One example I have. Recently I purchased several thousand dollars of new furniture from Leons. On a leather recliner couch I bought the latch failed to release the footstool and recline. This was less than 2 weeks after delivery. So I called Leons and they said they'd get a tech to call me back and have it fixed. In the mean time being a little impatient and actually enjoying fixing something if I could, I turned the couch upside down and proceeded to fix the issue. Right away I saw a nut on the floor and saw that the spring mechanism had come apart. It was quite tricky but after almost 2 hours I got it all back together and working. I tightened it up good and figured it just wasn't tight.
I could have called Leons back but I decided to wait for the tech to call me to see how long it would take. More than a week went by and still no call. So I called back, talking nicely on the phone and reminded them. I got some excuse about how he was pretty busy and that he'd definitely get to me when I came up in the cue. The next day I got a call so I figure they just forgot about me and when I called a second time they made sure to call me. In any event I didn't get angry or call anyone a fucken idiot. If I couldn't have fixed it I'm sure they'd have gotten it taken care of for me. Maybe not the most perfect support but it didn't move me to complain on a discussion forum.
Maybe you would have tried to make them take the couch back even though there was really nothing wrong with it, like there was probably nothing wrong with the speakers. However in being fair I probably would have got a refund on the speakers and ordered new ones to, minus calling anyone and idiot or fucken moron. I respect my self too much to demonstrate low class to Long and Mcquade staff or any one else I deal with.

Premium Member
I like to remind myself that nobody wakes up in the morning and says to themselves "I'm going to do a shitty job today at work". Someone had an off day.

Long & McQuade are one of the best companies to deal with in general. I've never had a shipping problem, other than having a case shipped in a box about twice the size it needed to be - the case arrived undamaged however.

Registered
I say its the OP`s fault 100 %

I mean, why should he expect to get individually boxed speakers when buying new speakers here in Canada... Cmon... we all know you can only expect that when ordering from the U.S. or from China !
Here, just throw them in a paper bag...

The OP is lucky, they broke in the speakers for him... a good ... lets see, Montreal to TO... a good 6 hrs broken in !!! Hell, they should of charged him more...

And the OP`s WTF... I mean that is not Canadian at all... don't complain, bend over and say thank you... you might even get a free trip from the WE foundation.

Plus he`s a retail customer, we all know retail customers all always wrong and are real assholes...

What's with all his spelling mistakes !!! Hey ? Speak and write Canadian for fuck sakes... do you really believe your in a bilingual country you idiot ? hey!

Plus look at his nick... I mean what's the 99 for... 99% idiot for stating an idiot is an idiot for doing an idiot packing job...

I hate these french guys that expect quality service Hey !

21 - 40 of 60 Posts