The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Man I`m pissed...

I ordered some 15 inch speakers, 2 of them to try them out :

Celestion15 Inch 8 Ohm 300 Watt Program Raw Speaker

They are on special so what the hell.

My order arrived, so went to pick it up. the speakers came in one box !?! that was odd... so opened the box to inspect the speaker. the speaker was wrapped in bubble wrap with the front towards the top of the box , the first speaker looked fine but then I look inside the box.

:eek: The second speaker was in the same position !!! so the top speakers magnet was on top of the second baffle... 馃槚 you know... like ice cream cone pile up...

They piled up the speakers to ship from TO to Montreal !!! What a bunch of morons ... 馃が

I was surprised the bottom speaker was not ripped to shred from the sheer weight of the magnet

I mean what is L&M business ??? they dont even know how to ship speakers... !!!

I am very vocal and spoke out... was told not to overreact and to calm down...:oops::oops: :oops: !!! I was then advised that I had 30 days return policy and they were guaranteed ... :oops:

I got refunded since I had paid online...

Any of you guy`s would have taken the order ??? :oops:

So after my little rant...

My Question to you, Mickey Mouse 馃惌outfit or Bozo the Clown ? ...馃ぁ

馃が馃が馃が

Premium Member
Personally I think you鈥檙e over reacting to a bad packing job that was done by one person in a large company. Every workplace had at least one dumbass and you just got unlucky.

Premium Member
Man, that is some very poor packing, I wonder if they "sublet" packing? No one in the music business is that stupid, or cavalier as most of us are broke or were broke when they started and know the worth of something! Sorry this happened to you, but good you got your money back. That said in defence, or perhaps the memory of L&M ( and maybe times have changed) in the early 80's they were the only guys who would give an aspiring pie in the sky rock star like me a guitar and an amp with nothing down but a promise to pay and my chicken scratch signature, with almost no interest to boot. I still buy from them when its common and on sale, good prices :) Hopefully, your experience is the exception, and not the "new normal" ;)

Premium Member
Mickey Mouse 馃惌outfit or Bozo the Clown ? ...馃ぁ
I'll go Mickey at the warehouse for $100, Alex.

Every workplace had at least one dumbass and you just got unlucky.
The packer was obviously not trained to know what he/she was dealing with.

Registered
A friend of mine worked at the Sears warehouse on Warden before he started driving trucks for them. He told me that when he was at the warehouse some guy took a crap in a portable toilet and then sent it out to whoever bought it. So, things could be worse.

Registered
Well, my understanding is that LM get under their unbrella old stores that could be sold or closed as the owner is retiring (witnessed that in two places). So the employees are local workers keeping their jobs. I mean I am not sure whether LM monitorize or not daily local operations and shipping quality.
It reminds me they were glad for me as I would unbox my new guitar at the store : Unfortunately, I wished they had done it before calling me since we had to return the unacceptable conditions of the guitar they had ordered for me.
Another seller told me that they had so few issues that better packaging would raise operation costs to a level that would clearly surpass replacement costs of rare issues.
The problem is : A satisfied consumer tells to another one, while an unsatisfied consumer tells seventeen persons... unless he writes on social media...

Premium Member
Probably should have kept your cool until they refuse a refund or something lol
did you test it to see if it was even blown?

Registered
I鈥檓 sure they would have replaced those for you no problem if you asked. In my experience they are very invested in making the customer happy.

Those speakers sound pretty decent, I鈥檝e got a pair in an old 2x15鈥 cabinet.

Registered
If you had to be told to calm down my guess is you were over reacting. L&M is easy to get a refund if you are unsatisfied so nothing really to get too upset about. I'd have taken the order if everything looked ok in the box on inspection. Then you have 30 days to test the speakers. A mild annoyance at best.

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
I鈥檓 sure they would have replaced those for you no problem if you asked. In my experience they are very invested in making the customer happy.
They were surprised that I did not want to take them and personally after the service I had just experience, would not trust them to get me replacements.

Those speakers sound pretty decent, I鈥檝e got a pair in an old 2x15鈥 cabinet.
The reason why I bought a pair...

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
If you had to be told to calm down my guess is you were over reacting.
If saying WTF and stating that the guy who packed it was an idiot is over reacting , I guess you find most people overreact ! :oops: I personally took offense when the guy in the store told me to calm down for just stating the obvious ...

I'd have taken the order if everything looked ok in the box on inspection. Then you have 30 days to test the speakers. A mild annoyance at best.
A 12LBS speaker dancing ontop the baffle of another speaker from T.O. to Montreal. No sorry, more annoyance that Im ready to suffer when buying something new. We are talking about a speaker here ! I took a refund.

Registered
If saying WTF and stating that the guy who packed it was an idiot is over reacting , I guess you find most people overreact ! :oops: I personally took offense when the guy in the store told me to calm down for just stating the obvious ...

A 12LBS speaker dancing ontop the baffle of another speaker from T.O. to Montreal. No sorry, more annoyance that Im ready to suffer when buying something new. We are talking about a speaker here ! I took a refund.
Yes you got a refund with no hassle. So the rant and rave was kind of pointless.

Registered
Discussion Starter #16
I test everything for functionality. Manufacture defects do happen. Shit happens. You must lead a very frustrating life expecting perfection for something as small as a speaker purchase.
You must live a very unusual life to expect shit to happen all the time.

Registered
They were surprised that I did not want to take them and personally after the service I had just experience, would not trust them to get me replacements.
FWIW that packing job sounds terrible and it shouldn't have happened. The pair I bought came individually boxed and packed with foam inserts shaped to the speaker. In your placed I would have requested that they get me another pair that are properly packaged. It's not too much to ask and I'd be surprised if they wouldn't have been willing to do it. It's not an unreasonable expectation to have something like speakers packed properly.

Premium Member
If the speakers were damaged that鈥檚 certainly an inconvenience and worthwhile being frustrated over. However, as a former retail worker for many years in a number of different settings, telling a customer to calm down is a last resort that isn鈥檛 whipped out when someone simply makes a frank statement. It鈥檚 not done lightly. Also we all have different subjective perceptions of what emotions look like and we all evaluate them differently.

We live in the era of mass manufacturing and just because you buy something new doesn鈥檛 mean it鈥檚 going to be working. QC has gaps, manufacturing defects occur, and things happen especially with electronics shipments (packaged securely or not). Glad you got your refund. Hopefully another store handles these things more to your satisfaction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 60 Posts