The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
8,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gibson Month starts on Sunday, has anyone seen the flyer yet? I guess they'll be offering the 36 months financing that they usually offer but have no idea what other deals might be available (other than one or two at my local store that I already know about).

Is anyone planning on grabbing anything?

I recently ordered in two ES-335s to try along with one that my local store already has in stock so, providing that I really like one of them, I'll be grabbing an ES-335 which is my Holy Grail guitar. They came in today so I'm going in to check them out tomorrow (Wednesday) evening, but probably won't make the purchase until Gibson Month starts on Sunday as I figure I might as well get the free hoodie that they are offering with all Gibson purchases this year.

·
Premium Member
13,024 Posts
This is an annual event by L&M. I don't have anything on my scope, but I would like to see what others are considering/fantasizing about. I hope we can keep Gibson's $$$ problems out of this thread and just talk about the guitars. Please.

P

·
0 Posts
I recently ordered in two ES-335s to try along with one that my local store already has in stock so, providing that I really like one of them, I'll be grabbing an ES-335 which is my Holy Grail guitar. They came in today so I'm going in to check them out tomorrow (Wednesday) evening, but probably won't make the purchase until Gibson Month starts on Sunday as I figure I might as well get the free hoodie that they are offering with all Gibson purchases this year.
What is it that you like about the 335? I have an ES-335 plus some other Gibsons, but my main player is an SG with some Lolar pickups. I think I like my ES-137 over the 335...
The SG is way more comfortable than the 335.

·
Premium Member
2,461 Posts
They should have a PRS month...
I approve this statement.

I chose a 335.

Gibson Month doesn't start until Sunday so they loaned me the guitar for a few days and I'll pop in sometime over the next week to do the actual transaction.
Sweet! I look forward to seeing some pics.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The flyer is up on the site, not much interesting, looks like good pricing on leftover 2016 and 2017 but nothing that stands out.

·
Registered
8,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What is it that you like about the 335? I have an ES-335 plus some other Gibsons, but my main player is an SG with some Lolar pickups. I think I like my ES-137 over the 335...
I love the sound, the feel, the aesthetic, damned near everything about them.

The SG is way more comfortable than the 335.
I find them both very comfortable.

·
Registered
8,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sweet! I look forward to seeing some pics.

I'll take some later (I have a ton of work to do before teaching tonight so need to get on that...had planned to do it last night but brought a new guitar home so you all know what happened). My camera will not recognize batteries as having any charge in them so I will be forced to use my cell's camera which is a shame because it does not do the burst justice since it doesn't show off the grain very well.

In the meantime, here is a quick pic I snapped at the store which definitely does not do it justice (the grain is a lot more prominent than it appears in the pic and the burst isn't nearly as red as the pic makes it look):

·
Premium Member
2,461 Posts
Marshalls and 335s aren't good combinations. Nope, not at all ;)
You're giving me GAS, mofo.

There's an absolutely killer '59 Reissue 335 at Bloor St. that I've drooled over for a while. I'd have to sacrifice a couple of guitars to get it, but it has a nice fat neck and resonates like crazy unplugged. I haven't plugged it in yet, because that would just be self-torture.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts